Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring IB incoming tick data

Hi Ninjas,

I work with Interactivebrokers and actually it connects pretty good with NT7. The IB incoming forex data comes in Halfpip so I set NT accordingly. However I've seen my Algos, backtests are having better results if prices come in just Pips rather than halfpips. Just as a trial I set in NT to receive in pips in realtime and it seems going well, but my doubt is:

If I choose to set incoming tick in Pips, might it affect the integrity, thus the behavior of my database?

Thanks

Hello pstrusi,

Yes, please set 'Quote currencies (FX) in' to HalfPip when you connect to IB to avoid any issues upon trading forex.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

What kind of issues? orders not filled ? If I set my orders to "market" then I shouldn't have any problems.

Could you elaborate what else should I take care of?

Comment

Unfortunately I am not sure what exact issues you will experience. However to avoid any issues upon trading forex with IB, please use HalfPip.

I suspect you experience order rejections if you use TenthPip and orders are not submitted at prices that do not have half pips.

Comment

Jason,

I'm not having trading issues, the problem is in backtests, it's pretty weird, maybe a bug?

I explain:
          When I choose to set in "HalfPip" the data comes perfecto from Ib, orders go and come well, BUT under that configuration, I've realized that backtests give a completely different results if I chose "Pip" instead of "HalfPip". I've tried to change settins, debugging code, and that is the only reason; that's why I prefer to set in Pip and not HalfPip. I think if I send Market orders then trades should be filled normally.

If you have any hint or help please let me now. I'll post this again under another Title cause I think that this requires attention

Comment

Unfortunately I am not sure why there is a difference. You would need to analyze the results and check why the strategy behaves this way. Unfortunately I am not a programmer myself, so I will not be much help in this regard.

I think Pip will not cause issues, however subsequently orders will be submitted on whole pips and not half pips.

Comment

Thanks Jason, I know orders will be sent like that but being market orders they should be filled without problems.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post hazylizard  
              Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes