Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit Orders and TIF=Day in Ninja platform

Hello,

If I use NT to send a limit order with TIF set to "Day" for both the CME and ICE (NYBOT) exchanges, how does this type of order work in NT?

For example, if I place a limit order to buy 10 Japenese Yen futures contracts, if this order is not filled at all, will it always expire at the end of the session like at 4pm CT? Or do I have to manually cancel the limit order the next session? Also, what happens if the limit order was part-filled for 7 lots during today's session, will the remaining 3 lots be cancelled at the end of today's session at 4pm? Also, would i get a message in NT telling me that the entire order or part of the order "has" been cancelled by Ninja or the exchange itself? Thank you in advance.

Regards, Rocket130713.

Hello Rocket130713,

Yes, orders submitted with TIF set to Day will be cancelled at the end of the trading session. You do not have to manually cancel them.

It will cancel the remaining order since it was submitted with TIF set to Day.

You can check the Control Center-->Orders-tab for the order status (State column). It will say Cancelled.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ScottWalsh  
    Started by olisav57, Today, 07:39 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes