Zen data error loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zen data error loading

started last night,, zen data wont load, who do I contact?

Started getting errors last night
    ND Global: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
    2/27/2013 8:47:00 AM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.181/31654)
    2/27/2013 8:47:07 AM|1|2|ND Global: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected

2/27/2013 8:55:14 AM|1|2|ND Global: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    2/27/2013 8:55:14 AM|1|2|Time to flatten=4:00:00 PM, Flatten all=Disabled
    2/27/2013 8:57:01 AM|0|4|Error on reloading data: Unable to retrieve data (ServerConnectionIsBroken)
    2/27/2013 8:57:01 AM|0|4|Error on reloading data: Connection to data server is busy or not available right now. Please try again later. (NotConnected)
    2/27/2013 8:57:01 AM|0|4|Error on reloading data: Connection to data server is busy or not available right now. Please try again later. (NotConnected)
    2/27/2013 8:57:02 AM|0|4|Error on loading chart data for 'TF 03-13 Nybot': Connection to data server is busy or not available right now. Please try again later.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gg80108; 02-27-2013, 08:03 AM.

Hello gg80108,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support-> ensure the 'Log and trace files' option is enabled.

Please put 'ATTN: Patrick - 799565' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=56198

I look forward to your response.

Comment

this doesn't look good
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello gg80108,

Thank you for your response.

I see you have updated your original post with additional information. When you receive this message please wait five minutes and then restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to Zen-Fire then reload the data on your chart.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Data back ok now,,, problem was on ur end???
          But anyway I am still unable to send that support request and get the file not found message..
          Attached Files

Comment

Broken again,,,, just a status something like it will be fixed by tomorrow would be nice....

Comment

Hello gg80108,

Thank you for your response.

This just means the data server is busy when you try to access the data, you will need to wait five minutes and try to download the data again.

For the Mail To Support item, you have 'ATTN: Patrick - 799565' in the Attachment field when it needs to be in the Subject field and the text deleted from the Attachment field.

Comment

I have used this software for years and up until last night, never had this issue,, Why is this now an issue?? and more important if its an issue tomorrow and next day, I can see Tradestation in my future....
                Maybe u just want to get everyone off of Zen data,, if so ,, don't aggravate people, just tell them, and we will leave willingly with no grudges..

Comment

Hello,

Our Main data server has had some technical malfunctions over the past few weeks and we've had to resort to routing everyone to a backup server which has less resources.

Our server team has been looking into these items with these servers but unfortunately the only time we can do maintenance is over the weekend. We're hoping to have these items sorted out this weekend, but cannot make any promises. Please check back Monday for an update on this.

In the mean time, we ask users to reduce the number of data requests they are making to reduce the load on these servers for everyone. You can do this by closing out of unnecessary work spaces, charts or reducing the number of "days to load" in each of your charts.

This errors have nothing to do with Zen-Fire directly and are a result of the servers that we use to host the free historical data you get on a Zen-Fire connection. GAIN/Forex.com users are also experiencing the same behavior as they are using the same servers.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and please let me know if you have any questions.
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

The truth is always the best, instead of giving people the wait 10 min runaround and hope they wont notice. Not sure what is gained by giving the customer the runaround, everybody luvs that treatment. I saw the problem last night, so this probably was not a big surprise today all of a sudden.

Comment

Hello gg80108,

My name is James and I am the Director of Customer Service here at NinjaTrader and I wanted to take a minute to clarify further.

The truth is, what Matthew said is the absolute truth. We have recently switched to a redundant server while we are performing maintenance on our main historical data server. As a result, that server has experienced a high volume of data requests, which is the direct result of the items you have observed.

Our server team is diligently working to rectify and bring up all historical data servers to higher standard, to meet our increasing client base. We absolutely want to accommodate the increasing number of our users and fully intend to rectify this completely. In order to do so, we need to take all of the necessary precautions (weekend maintenance being one) as to not completely disrupt historical data.

An example of a thread on our forum related to addressing the Historical Data item can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=55860

Also, I want to reiterate, that this is not Zen-Fire specific occurrence, as it may affect any users who use our historical data servers.

We thank you for your feedback and I hope this clarifies that there was no run-around intended, and that we are trying to be as transparent as possible to our client base.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Comment

U are ignoring the two entries with "10 min runaround" answer before the real problem was confessed up to. If u knew the server was having issues the last entry should have been the first,, and solved in one communication ..
                        Here is what I would of expected,, on the first try not the third..
                        "Historical Server issue, we are working on it, sorry u may not get data.. Have a nice day"
                        Better late then never just isn't much of a customer service policy..

Though not a ZenFire issue, "ZenFire"charting is worthless with no historical data.. Sit there and be amused that ur chart is built the rest of the day 1 tic at a time and by the end of the day ur ready to trade, but the session is over.. Dom was probably ok.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your additional feedback.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                          31 responses
                          1 like
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
                          Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick