Take partial profit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take partial profit

How or where do I go to create a partial profit tgt. No one wants to lead me to the right place to go. Is it in the condition part or in the stop and tgt part?

Thx

The Admiral, you would create 2 entries then with different signal names in your Conditions / Action part and then you could setup 2 profit targets for example each referring to the individual entry you have setup.

When you run this script, please ensure to change the EntryHandling to .UniqueEntries then -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the answer.
      Do I have to change anything in the first part of the wizard.DEFINED INPUTS?
      Where do I go to change the EntryHandling to .UniqueEntries. Is it going to be in the conditions?
      Thx

Comment

You can leave the user defined inputs as is.

The Entry Handling setting are changed / defined on runtime of your strategy, it's in the parameters you would have per default available here.

Comment

This is so complicated for someone who has never done this b4. The webinar is basic and that's ok, But we need more advance webinar to move forward.
          You guys use all these terms, and for a newbie, it is very hard to try to make out what you want us to do.
          Ok I found the EntryHandling to .UniqueEntries tab. So in entries per direction, I put in what?
          Then in conditions and actions, i have to create a condition under a new set tab? or in one that I am already using?

Thx

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, we're are working on more extensive educational materials here.

You have two entries, both differently named? Then you would Enable Unique Entries and leave per direction at 1 (This means you get a total of 2 entries then for your script)

The conditions to trigger the trade stay the same, would you would double enter is the order entry part in 'Actions', each assigning a different entry signal name. To the same name you refer then in your target section (you would also need 2 calls here to be able to achieve the scale out effect).

Comment

I know you are doing your best, but i am not getting anywhere. It is so frustrating.
              I am sure I am not the only one with this issue. You guys know so much, that the terms and words you use are not always easy for us to understand.
              Wouldn't be easier and less time consuming for you to log in my computer and show me, instead of going back and forth with this?
              This is the 3rd post i make about this, and it is the most beneficial one as of now. But still i feel I am wasting your time.

Thx

Comment

Sorry to hear your frustration, but with powerful interfaces like our wizard you would see a learning curve unfortunately involved - I'm sure that the attached example can help here, it's implementing what we've discussed and you can review on your local NT and see exactly how it's setup. To import please just save the zip to your desktop and then run through the File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript command, it's available then under ScaleoutWizard in your NS strategies (be sure to run this as well with UniqueEntries).

I'm also proving a link to a recently recorded 'Automated Strategy Development Webinar' video for you to view at your own convenience: http://youtube/fVFqw5W8uGI

You can attend such an event live as well of course -
                Attached Files

Comment

I appreciate all what you are doing. One last thing. How can I run a strategy that i created on a live sim?

thx

Comment

You are welcome, the needed steps to load up your script then for live testing would be located here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t_strategy.htm

Comment

ok i got it for the live sim.
                      where can i see the gains and loses from this sim?

Thx

P.S. is it possible that you forgot to put in the zip file to download?

Thx again

Comment

The zip file you would need is attached to my post #8, please recheck.

If you right click on the chart you can review the Strategy Performance split for Historical Trades and Realtime or combined - that is performance associated to the individual strategy.

Under the Account Performance section in the Control Center, you can review account based results -

Comment

got it sorry. thx again for all the help

Comment

Finally i am testing my strategy live but having some issues. I did a backtest on it, and reality is far from being what the backtest is. I am loosing money, and backtest is making a tonne of it. Like unreal.
                            On one of my charts, the performance real time is not the same at all as what is on the chart.

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by The Admiral View Post
                              Finally i am testing my strategy live but having some issues. I did a backtest on it, and reality is far from being what the backtest is. I am loosing money, and backtest is making a tonne of it. Like unreal.
                              On one of my charts, the performance real time is not the same at all as what is on the chart.

Thx
                              Backtest is generally not sufficient. You have to do a walk-forward test, then probably a Replay Test. Here is a thread containing some of my posts about the problem with Backtests.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=43841

You will likely find other thoughts on the problems with relying only on a Backtest, if you do a web search. Here is one: https://www.google.com/search?q=%22c...Address&ie=&oe=
                              Last edited by koganam; 02-28-2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Jon17
                              by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                              0 responses