Very confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very confused

I have been using MT4 for years, and for some reason, NT has got me really baffled. I know I am making it harder than it is, but I am lost. I have MB Trading as my provider and EOD feed historical data from Kinetick. Both show I am connected to MBT and Kinetick. I want to open a window for AUDUSD and all I get is a blank window with no feed. Where am I going wrong? Also, how do you add additional forex pairs so you can open a window for them? For example AUDJPY. Thank you for your help.

Hello LovesMoney,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

Does your connection order show MB Trading connected first and then Kinetick End of Day (Free) ?

If so, as long as your MB Trading account is enabled for live data on this currency pair, you should be able to receive the data.

What version of MBT Navigator are you using? Our recommended version to use is 11.9.0.44.

Do you receive price movement for AUDUSD in a Dynamic SuperDOM window or on the Orders tab of the Control Center ? (Bid/Ask/Last prices showing) Is live price movement occuring within MBT Navigator?

You can add additional Forex pairs to an instrument list within the Instrument Manager:
    • Control Center > Tools > Instrument Manager...
    • Type "AUDJPY" into the name field > Click search
    • Single left click the AUDJPY currency pair in the grid below
    • Click the "<" left arrow button to add this currency pair to your instrument list on the left hand side.
    • Click OK to save the changes.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan and thx for the welcome. I connect to MBT 1st, then connect to Kinetick. Both show connected in the bottom left hand corner. I am using current version of NT and price is moving on orders tab and MBT navigator. I click file, new, chart and now it does show feed for Daily TF but on other TF it shows a candle on the far right of chart which I guess is current candle, but no previous candles are showing. I know I don't have the settings right for something, just can't figure out what.

Comment

Hi LovesMoney,

Could you please restart and connect only to MB Trading? What behavior do you see in the TF chart now?

Which contract of TF are you using? (03-13, ##-##, etc.)
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I get the same thing. A red or green bar on the far right of chart, and Daily TF the whole thing. What do you mean what contract I am using?

Comment

Hello,

TF trades in 4 contracts throughout the year: March, June, September and December. I'm asking which of the contracts you're using.

Comment

I am trading forex, so the word contracts is foreign to me since I don't trade stocks, futures etc. Are you thinking that I am trading that instead of forex pair AUDUSD and that is why you mentioned contracts? If not, then just color me stupid because I have no clue what contract I am using for forex. How do I find out??

Comment

Hello,

Taking a step back, what instrument are you charting? You've mentioned TF a few times, however I'm now unclear what you mean by that if you're not referring to emini Russell futures.

"I click file, new, chart and now it does show feed for Daily TF but on other TF it shows a candle on the far right of chart which I guess is current candle, but no previous candles are showing. "

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hello,

Taking a step back, what instrument are you charting? You've mentioned TF a few times, however I'm now unclear what you mean by that if you're not referring to emini Russell futures.

"I click file, new, chart and now it does show feed for Daily TF but on other TF it shows a candle on the far right of chart which I guess is current candle, but no previous candles are showing. "
                  Sounds like he is abbreviating TimeFrame.

Comment

TF is short for time frame. For example, I am wanting to trade Forex AUD/USD (Australian Dollar vs US Dollar). In the Daily Time Frame and up, the chart is fine, however, when switching to 1 Min to 60 Min, only 1 bar forms in the right of chart.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                      Sounds like he is abbreviating TimeFrame.
                      Bingo!!!!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying.

Please connect only to MB Trading and select $AUDUSD in the Orders tab of the Control Center. Do you see updates to bid, ask and last price or do these fields report 'n/a'?

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I think I am talking to you via email too. Actually, the price fields are n/a

Comment

Hi,

I thought this sounded familiar.

Could you please send me a link to this message via the email thread we have going so I can merge the two cases? Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post helpwanted  
                            Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes