Newbie user going mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie user going mad

Hi there. At the moment I am paper trading, learning as much as possible about

stocks/shares for the last 2 months.I would describe myself as a potential day

trader with a few longs dependant upon the instrument. I have been using the free

version of NT for the last week and have been impressed with the functionality.

Also used other web based and app based programs on a demo basis, none of which

provide the functionality I require. NT provides me with what I require, most

especially in the ATM modules.(BTW your educational youtube videos on this

subject are excellent).

Being on demo,and being based in the UK, I am using Yahoo as the data source.

This gives me no problems when I connect and use the market analyser, DOM, alerts

etc. But when I try to link to the charts I have two outcomes. Either the message

window " Error on loading chart AAL.L"
    etc

On doing a trace the system reports as follows:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: ninjatrader.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 7.0.1000.11
    Problem Signature 03: 50c894fc
    Problem Signature 04: System.Windows.Forms
    Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 50c29b5f
    Problem Signature 07: 1521
    Problem Signature 08: 12f
    Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057

Read our privacy statement:

I either get a message to the effect that the symbol is not recognised, or that

the graph doesn't load and the program (NT) crashes out.

This seems strange, as the data loads in DOM, analyser... I can place trades

etc,,, but without the graphs.

As a newbie, have I set the data source wrong, have I set other things wrong.. or

is the MS OS (Vista) crashing.

Or is it that charting in the demo mode a bit flakey? I have looked at the NYSE,

SP, DOW etc, and the graphs appear. Is the FTSE (LSE) an exception?

As a newbie, I am looking for a data source that enables me to look at chart info

in order that I can use your indicators etc to determine a trade. Charting, I

regard as an definite requirement. To summarise, it's driving me mad. Perhaps I

have interpeted wrong, but I thought that the demo mode would at least support

the graphing?

Hello jaygarth,

Thank you for your note and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

The Free Simulation Version of NinjaTrader has the same functionality as the Live Version, the only difference is the ability to trade into a live account with your brokerage.

I would like to investigate this matter further. Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please put 'ATTN: Patrick - 701483' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=56272

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Problem solved

Hi Patrick. Thank you for your fast reaction which has in a roundabout way solved my issue.I decided to look at the trace log myself and spotted that the problem referenced the default date time.

Consequently, I went to the Instrument Manager and realised that I had forgotten to change the default 24/7session template to one called LSE which I had made earlier.

Hey presto, all the charts work perfectly. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
      Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
      25 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH