X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MA CrossBuilder

Hello

I'm new at Ninja and NinjaScript.

I just added two Mov.Avg. Crossover indicators with alert whenever a crossover (above and below) occurs.

Now I'd like to set an additional alert in order to identify when the faster mov. average is strongly trending up or down (or to set an additional filter in order to avoid alerts when the faster mov. average is mostly flat).

Could someone help me in this purpose ?

Thanks in advance

fliesen

Hello,
    You would have to come up with a way to define what "stronger" means.

This might be of use: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...15&postcount=5

We have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.

A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stribution.htm

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._resources.htm

We also have some Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.
    Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

prebuilt MACrossOver

Today I updated Ninja to the last version, and I surprisingly find that I have no more the MACrossOver strategy that I downloaded in March (why??), and that was available among Ninja's default strategies.
      Since I do not remember it any more, could you kindly recall how I may re-activate it ?

(in the worst case, loading any other Moving Avg. CrossOver strategy would be also ok to me)

Comment

Hello,

Could you please clarify what it is you're looking to re-activate?

Perhaps it would help to provide a screenshot

Please provide me with an image of your strategy window or other window that is not as you would expect
        To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach.
        For detailed instructions please visit the following link

* http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Comment

I have no screenshot to send since I have no more what I'm looking for......
          As I said, after updating Ninja, many features I had before are no more available: I have already recreated my market data connections, my instrument lists, some templates, some sound alerts, one current workspace, some charts, my strategies and so on. The only thing I can't recreate by myself is a MA crossover strategy that I received on the forum when I asked how I could configure an alert when two different mov. averages cross each other (I'm not familiar with NinjaScript). Someone answered mailing me a single file, I just had to run or to execute it, so I got what I needed.
          I remember that I could see a NEW indicator "MACrossover" among the normal listed indicators (between "MACD" and "MAEnvelopes") and that I could use/set it as a normal indicator with my preferred parameters and an alert when the cross occurred.
          I don't know what I may say more.
          Could it be the "SampleMACrossOver" file that one may find in Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Strategy ? And if so, how do I activate it ?
          Last edited by fliesen; 08-08-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Wait a minute
            I could find an old attachment with the indicator I'm mentioning (now I remember it is an indicator with settings, text + sound alerts, more than a strategy).
            This indicator was added to the default ones after I run the suggested file.
            Attached Files

Comment

It doesn't sound like there SampleMACross is what you're looking for. There isn't anything we "activate" on our end to enable you to use scripts as they are all local to your machine.

Is this perhaps the indicator you're looking to download? http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...tid=-1&lpage=1

If it's not let me know and I'll have a couple of my colleagues look into this as well.

Comment

Yes, now I remember: the right name was "CrossBuilder", not CrossOver.
                How do I add it to my indicators ? I see that I'm not allowed simply to copy the "MACrossBuilder.cs" file to the bin/Custom/Indicator folder.....

Comment

Hello,

Download Indicator From: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...tid=-1&lpage=1

Once Downloaded, you may import the indicator by:

From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript to open the Import NinjaScript dialog window
                  Select the .zip (do not extract) file you want to import
                  Press the "Open" button
                  Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:

Right click you chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK
                  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Perfect, my old settings are all back again.
                    Thank you very much for everything.

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Just let us know if we can further assist.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes