Instrument Manager - Missing Symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Manager - Missing Symbols

I have noticed many popular symbols of heavily traded stocks and many ETFs are absent from the symbol search list. I wonder if this is a function of the exchange default appears to be nyse (only one listed) or if it is a function of the data services to which i am subscribed? Please advise how I might find these symbols without having to incur additional data services.

Hello AlphaOptions,

To display instrument types in NinjaTrader (futures, stocks, indexes Forex), you will need to be connected to a data provider that supports the instrument type in NinjaTrader.

Click here for more information on the varying levels of data of our supported connectivity providers

If your provider does not support the instrument type you can connect to the Kinetick EOD feed by going to File > Connect > Kinetick End Of Day (Free), as this connection supports all instrument types in NinjaTrader.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is what i was thinking too, but while connected to the free Kinetick, I searched for KORS (single stock) and two very popular ETF (SLV and GLD) and nothing appears in search. The exchange says default. Now all of these trade on nyse so not sure why not getting at least the EOD?

Comment

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
        • Press the "New" button
        • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
        • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
        • Press the "OK" button

* If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaOptions View Post
          This is what i was thinking too, but while connected to the free Kinetick, I searched for KORS (single stock) and two very popular ETF (SLV and GLD) and nothing appears in search. The exchange says default. Now all of these trade on nyse so not sure why not getting at least the EOD?
          Hi

We’re a proud NinjaTrader 3rd party add-on provider and have recently released a unique new product range, the ‘Easy Load’ equities installer for NinjaTrader, which addresses the exact question you raised in this post (the NinjaTrader press release can be found at http://www.ninjatrader.com/downloads/NinjaTrader_GlobalTradingTools_PressRelease_August _29_2013.pdf )

Our ‘Easy Load’ USA installer automatically installs and fully configures within NinjaTrader the complete list of all stock exchange codes for NYSE, NASDAQ & NYSE MKT (formally AMEX) stocks (over 6,400 stocks in total), allowing for fast, seamless access to these instruments across multiple supported NinjaTrader data feed providers (including Kinetick, eSignal, Interactive Brokers, Yahoo, DTN IQFeed, Barchart).

Just thought I’d mention it if anyone is now after a fully automated solution to this query.
          http://www.GlobalTradingTools.com/software/easy-load-ninjatrader/
          Thanks for your time!
          Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM