Buying the license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying the license

Why isn`t Kinetick in the broker drop-down menu, when it`s the recommended data feed?

If I start with leasing, and then, e.g. two months later, decide I want to own it, will you deduct the remaining $500 toward the new license?

Hello SteinGalen,

Thank you for your post.

So I can figure out why Kinetick is not present in the provider drop down menu within the connection wizard, can you please clarify, what version of NinjaTrader you are using? Control Center > Help > About

Yes, we credit any unused subscription time toward the purchase of a lifetime license.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

How do I change it so that the oldest post is shown at the bottom?

No, I`m not talking about from within NT, I`m talking about when buying the license. I can choose e.g. CQG, but not KT, which is your data provider.

Comment

Hello SteinGalen,

Thanks for the clarification.

You may change the display order of the support forum posts, by: User CP in the Support Navigation Bar > Edit Options (on the left) > Thread Display Options > Thread Display Mode > "Linear - Newest First" > Save Changes

Only brokerage technologies will be displayed on the purchase page. Kinetick is strictly a data feed, and all data feeds are available for any licenses we offer, free or live versions.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Oh, I`ve misunderstood, then. So I need to choose e.g. CQG, and then later on tell my broker I want to use KT instead?

Comment

Hello SteinGalen,

This is Chris D following up on behalf of James.

If your futures account is set up through CQG then this is the brokerage technology that you will want to select when purchasing or leasing NinjaTrader.

Kinetick will work within NinjaTrader as a supplement to your broker's CQG feed. By connecting to Kinetick first and CQG second, NinjaTrader will get all real-time and historical data from Kinetick and you will only use CQG for order submission to your broker.

Kinetick has been optimized for the NinjaTrader 7 platform to provide the quickest delivery times for real-time and historical market data. Kinetick also provides a much more extensive resource of historical data than most broker-based feeds, including 120 days of unfiltered historical tick data and 2+ years of historical minute data for all supported instruments.

That being said, Kinetick is a data-only provider and will not be able to provide you with direct access to your trading account for live order routing to the exchange. As such, you will still need to use your broker's CQG feed for live order routing even if you are utilizing Kinetick as the primary market data feed within NinjaTrader 7.

Please feel free to reply if you have any other NinjaTrader or Kinetick inquiries.

Comment

Thanks, that was a good explanation. I`m planning on trading eminis on the ES and NQ, so which services do I add on the Kinetick purchase page? I assume "CME E-mini - $30" (is this the fee that gets waived, by participating in the waiver program?), but which one is for NQ?

Comment

Hello SteinGalen,

Thank you for your reply.

The CME E-mini package for $30/month will include real-time data for both ES and NQ.

If you have a live NinjaTrader license key and a funded futures trading account with a supported broker (such as your CQG-based broker), you will be able to qualify for the CME Waiver program and have this exchange fee waived. By qualifying for the CME Waiver, you will be able to receive real-time data for ES and NQ as well as all of the CME Group Globex exchanges for no additional exchange fees. You can learn more about the CME Waiver at the following link:

You may subscribe to Kinetick at the link below:
                After choosing Option 2 on the right for $50/month, select any of the CME Group exchanges (CBOT, CME, COMEX, and NYMEX). Then check the option at the bottom that reads "I want to participate in the CME Group Globex Exchange Fee Waiver program..." This will ensure that you are not billed for any of the waived exchanges and the real-time data will be added once you are able to validate the Waiver within NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks.

I have a Direct Edition License used for trading an LOD account. My broker said that I may have to go with a multi broker to be able to trade with this new Live Edition License I`m setting up. Is that so?

Comment

Hello SteinGalen,

If you are connecting to one brokerage technology (such as CQG) and Kinetick, you will only need to purchase or lease a single broker license. Since Kinetick is a data-only provider and not a broker, you will be able to use Kinetick with any of NinjaTrader's supported brokers and with any NinjaTrader license key.

If you can tell me more specific information about the trading configuration you wish to achieve, such as the broker(s) with whom you intend to trade, I would be happy to give you more information on the licensing requirements.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Still trying to figure out all the components involved here.

Last year I set up an LOD account with AMP, through TPFutures (CQG), which trades the ES. I assume this is a Direct Edition License, because I`m not paying for it.

TPFutures advised me to use a separate account for my own trading (ES, NQ). This is the account I need a new license for, and that TP said may require a multi. I was also given lower rates if choosing the multi license (don`t know why).

Comment

Hello SteinGalen,

Thank you for your clarification.

To check if you are using a Direct Edition license key, please go to Help menu of the NinjaTrader Control Center and select About...
                        • If you are using a Direct Edition license key, it will say "Direct Live" in parenthesis next to the build number.

If both of the accounts with Trade Pro Futures are set up through AMP/CQG, you would only need to use a single broker license key. That being said, you would only be able to access one account at a time from a single installation of NinjaTrader. This is because each installation of NinjaTrader will only be able to run one instance of the adapter for CQG

If your personal account is set up through Trading Technologies as opposed to CQG, then you will in fact need to purchase the multi broker license. The advantage to this setup would be the ability to access both accounts at the same time from within a single installation of NinjaTrader 7 because the accounts are set up through separate technologies.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post
                          ...you would only be able to access one account at a time from a single installation of NinjaTrader.
                          Do you mean a single installation on my pc...that I can only access one account at a time, through NT on my pc, and that I would need to exit one account in order to access the other? If so, it won`t work with single, as I would run the risk of exiting the LOD with active trades, since I don`t know when it trades.

Do you know why I`m offered a $0.44 lowered rate per round-trip if I choose multi?

Comment

Hello SteinGalen,

I would need to exit one account in order to access the other
                            This will be the case if the accounts are set up through separate CQG feeds and if you are using a single broker license key.

If you would like to access both accounts at the same time from within a single installation of NinjaTrader, the accounts will need to be set up through different technologies (i.e. CQG and Trading Technologies) and you will need to purchase the multi broker license key.

Do you know why I`m offered a $0.44 lowered rate per round-trip if I choose multi?
                            NinjaTrader is a separate service from your broker so I would not be able to speak for your broker's commission fees. You will need to contact your broker for more information regarding your commission structure.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post r68cervera  
                            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post geddyisodin