Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT server vs Gain server

Hello,

I opened an account with Gain/Forex.com and I was told to set my new connection with the NT servers.
    The problem is that I use about 30 pairs of currencies in charts of 1440 for my strategies and when enabling some of them or opening new charts I got an error message that said that the server was busy or something like that. This is the response I got from one of your NT representatives

The message that you getting is a result from our servers with maintenance going on our servers requesting too much historical data could cause this message to appear. We are working on resolving this but in the mean time to minimize getting this message you may want to either cut down the amount of historical data that you are requesting or you may use Gain´s historical servers until the maintenance is finished.

My question is if this maintenance period is finished and mainly what´s the difference is I set my NT account to Gain server instead of NT servers.

Thanks

Sincerely

Hello dvercher,

Thank you for your post.

The Gain servers support a limited amount of data and the NinjaTrader Servers support more historical data.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for your response.
      Not sure if I understood it, you mean Gain server supports less historical data than NT server right? If this is correct, can you specify the amount supported by both Gain server and NT server?

What about the maintenance period? Is it done?

Thanks

Sincerely

Comment

Hello dvercher,

Thank you for your response.

GAIN provides about 24 hours of data on most instruments. And for the NinjaTrader servers I was able to get more than 8 years of data for the EURUSD, the more popular currency pairs will have more data.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post chbruno
        by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes