Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bug or a feature (cancels stop order)

Hi.

I usually enter my trades with preset targets and stops of + (-) 3. Example: enter at 100 stop is 97 and target is 103. That is just so they are there. After that I move them around as needed.

Sometimes when in profit I move my stop up behind the price. I have noticed that if I move the stop price above the market price by accident Ninja just cancels the stop order. I think it does this even if I have not released the mouse button to move the stop to the new price. I am not 100% certain about this last part. But I think so.

It does not execute the stop order. And it does not reject the stop order change and move it back to where it was. What it does is cancel the order completely. This leaves me only with the target. The only problem with this is that if I put another sell limit in manually it will not automatically be an OCO order the way atm sets them. It makes me a little nervous not having a stop. So I usually just exit immediately.

I understand that you can't have a stop loss above the current price. But it might be better if it rejected the change rather than cancelling the order completely.

Hello mcteague,

I do not experience this on my end.

If I move a stop loss order to the other side of the market price the order is filled based off the current market price and the profit target orders is canceled.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
    You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please put 'ATTN:Chris S' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?p=323751
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Max238
    by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
    24 responses