Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Get NT to connect to Ensign from MBTrading

Hi,

I've tried and also Ensign Software Support tried to figure out the problem for an 1 1/2hr. this morning. I'm trying to get MBTrading data to Ensign Software through NT. I totally followed the directions from the Ensign Setup page:

I made sure the NT platform and MBT Navigator are correct from your Setup page.

However, there is nothing on the Ensign Setup ->Connection that gives me the option to use NT data. Any ideas? I had used NT in the past to trade the Euro/USD, but now want to trade the USD/JPY using Ensign. The NT symbol for this is $USDJPY. But this is beside the point as there is no connection.

BTW, the MBTrading platform with NT works just fine, so no problem there.

Thank you. Hope you have some idea from something you can't see yourself.

Sharon

Hi SharonSS,

Thanks for writing in.

Just to clarify, you are able to access real-time and historical data through NinjaTrader when using the MB Trading connection correct?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hi SharonSS,

Thanks for writing in.

Just to clarify, you are able to access real-time and historical data through NinjaTrader when using the MB Trading connection correct?
      Hi Kyle. Sorry I didn't catch your question last night and you're probably gone now, but yes, I'm able to access real-time and historical data through Ninja Trader when using the MB Trading connection.

I've used just NT using MBTrading data in the past with no issues at all. The problem now is the connection to Ensign using that MBTrading data through NT.

Thank you.

Comment

Sharon,

We're not experts on this setup - as long as you have the script installed in NT and can load it on a chart/strategy tab, we should be sending the data to Ensign.

When you say you cannot see the option to use NT data, do you mean you do not see the symbol with the "-" before it?

Hopefully another user on this forum has ran into this before and can provide you some assistance.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          Sharon,

We're not experts on this setup - as long as you have the script installed in NT and can load it on a chart/strategy tab, we should be sending the data to Ensign.

When you say you cannot see the option to use NT data, do you mean you do not see the symbol with the "-" before it?

Hopefully another user on this forum has ran into this before and can provide you some assistance.
          Hi Matthew,
          Thanks for the reply. We entered "-" into Ensign Manager which showed up in the Quote page, but nothing.

I was referring to not seeing the option to use NT data on the Ensign Setup for Connection to data provider.

Yes, the script is installed just fine. It's showing up on my NT 1M chart. It's just something to do with Ensign getting the data for some reason.

Thanks anyway. Like you said, maybe someone else has run into this issue. Very frustrating.

Sharon

Comment

are you using this indicator / script ? http://ensign.editme.com/ninja

Comment

Originally posted by tradr View Post
              are you using this indicator / script ? http://ensign.editme.com/ninja
              Yes, I used it. I called Ensign Support again and all is well now. Thanks for your time and reply. :-)

Sincerely,
              Sharon

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses