Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Went to update a SuperTrend indicator and it failed...now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No none of my indicators or strategies compile.

It will not allow me to reinstall the SuperTrend script to attempt to fix whatever the issue is. I keep getting You have custom Ninjascript files on your PC tha thave programiming errors. The errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File. etc etc etc.

How can this be fixed?

everything was fine before this...

Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks for writing in to report the issue.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
    To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle...

It seems very messed up. I did all that before. It shows errors on just about every indicator and associated strategies.

I removed all of them that it requested and there is still a issue.

I went to restore a previous date and there is still a issue.

I am now going to put all indicators and strategies into a backup folder I create and see if I can then do the import and will let you know...

Also, what if I did a brand new installation on NT overtop of the installed version to repair? All my settings and saved files will remain if I did that correct?

Greg

Comment

Did not work...uninstalling NT and trying reinstall fresh per your link...

Also, in the future, what is the best practices for UPDATING and indicator or strategy so this does not happen again? I had the Super Trend indicator already on my machine. There was a update. I downloaded the new updated complete Super Trend update .zip I then installed the new .zip. That is when all this began.

So, what do I need to do in the future?

Still not fixed yet and I will let you know after it installs NT fresh.

Greg

Comment

see previous posts and let me know how to prevent this in the future...the reinstall worked but now I have a lot of work to get it back to what it was...

Comment

Hello birdog,

Uninstalling and Reinstalling NinjaTrader typically will not resolve compiling issues since NinjaTrader will only change any preloaded Indicators/Strategies inside of NinjaTrader.

Most Vendors/3rd Party providers will have specific instructions on how to upgrade their NinjaScript files, but here are the most common methods.

If the Indicators/Strategies are view able inside of the Tools -> Edit NinjaScript section.

* Download the new version of the file (.zip)
            * Go to the Control Center window select the menu File -> Utilities -> Import NinjaScript
            * Select the downloaded file
            * Press Open
            * Note that on any files that say "File already exists on your PC" that start with an "@" symbol are the ones that came preloaded inside of NinjaTrader so you would say "No" so that you do not override those files.
            * All other files you will want to override from the newer version

If the Indicators/Strategies file is displayed in the File -> Utilities -> Remove NinjaScript Assembly
            * Go to the Control Center -> File -> Utilities -> Remove NinjaScript Assembly...
            * Select the 3rd Party Assembly
            * Press Remove
            * Restart NinjaTrader
            * Go to the Control Center window select the menu File -> Utilities -> Import NinjaScript
            * Press Open

Also, to prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise to run regular backups via our build-in backup feature in NinjaTrader.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
            JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks JC!!!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
              Hello birdog,

Uninstalling and Reinstalling NinjaTrader typically will not resolve compiling issues since NinjaTrader will only change any preloaded Indicators/Strategies inside of NinjaTrader.

Most Vendors/3rd Party providers will have specific instructions on how to upgrade their NinjaScript files, but here are the most common methods.

If the Indicators/Strategies are view able inside of the Tools -> Edit NinjaScript section.

* Download the new version of the file (.zip)
              * Press Open
              * Note that on any files that say "File already exists on your PC" that start with an "@" symbol are the ones that came preloaded inside of NinjaTrader so you would say "No" so that you do not override those files.
              * All other files you will want to override from the newer version

If the Indicators/Strategies file is displayed in the File -> Utilities -> Remove NinjaScript Assembly
              * Go to the Control Center -> File -> Utilities -> Remove NinjaScript Assembly...
              * Select the 3rd Party Assembly
              * Press Remove
              * Restart NinjaTrader
              * Press Open

Also, to prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise to run regular backups via our build-in backup feature in NinjaTrader.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post maybeimnotrader  
              Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post quantismo