Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currency OCO Orders ???

Hi,

I trade the free version of Ninja and I trade the futures contracts of all the major currencies on the CME. On the free version there is no way for me to place a Stop and a limit order so that if one gets filled the other is automatically cancelled.

My question is with the paid version of ninja can I do this ??

It's usually called an OCO One Cancels the Other order.

Thank You

Yes, both the free and the paid version of NinjaTrader allow you to do this.

Please see Understanding the OCO order (one cancels other) function:http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...x.html?sub.htm

The above link also contains information and videos on submitting other order types as well as ATM strategies.

For a recorded webinar on ATM strategies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvLci...DD7105&index=2
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Lance

In my superdom the OCO order is grey out ?

I trade the 6J 6A 6E 6B 6S and 6C currency contracts on the cme.
      Last edited by wallstreetpro; 03-10-2013, 08:37 AM.

Comment

It sounds like you may be using a Direct Edition version of NinjaTrader.

If you are not currently using this for live trading you can sign up for a simulation version here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

If you are using this for live trading then you would have to purchase the paid version to have these features.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Lance View Post
          It sounds like you may be using a Direct Edition version of NinjaTrader.

If you are not currently using this for live trading you can sign up for a simulation version here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

If you are using this for live trading then you would have to purchase the paid version to have these features.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Yes thats what I figured ! I am using the free version for live trading. I just want to be sure if I switch to the paid version I will be able to use OCO orders on these contracts ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wallstreetpro View Post
            Yes thats what I figured ! I am using the free version for live trading. I just want to be sure if I switch to the paid version I will be able to use OCO orders on these contracts ?

Thanks
            Yes this is correct.

Comment

Ok i bought the paid version

How do I confirm that my two orders are OCO ???

In the controlmanager under order type it just shows a stop and a limit

Thanks

Comment

If you have properly setup your OCO orders via the method described here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_orders3.htm

You can check the OCO linking on the Orders tab of the control center.
                If you do not have an OCO column here you can enable it by right clicking in the Orders tab's orders section -> Grid -> properties -> place a check mark next to OCO.

Orders with the same ID displayed here will be OCO.

Comment

Ive followed the instructions but I dont see anything in the OCO box in the control panel !!!

Please advise thanks

This is the whole reason I bought the PAID VERSION.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Lance View Post
                  If you have properly setup your OCO orders via the method described here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_orders3.htm

You can check the OCO linking on the Orders tab of the control center.
                  If you do not have an OCO column here you can enable it by right clicking in the Orders tab's orders section -> Grid -> properties -> place a check mark next to OCO.

Orders with the same ID displayed here will be OCO.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...orders_tab.htm

Comment

Please send an email to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com

In that email please include your phone number and a time/timezone when you can best be reached and one of our techs will remote in to assist you with setting up these orders.

Comment

I figured out how to use the OCO orders on the basic entry dom as per the videos but I want to use them on the super dom is there a video for that ?

also one other question pls about the super dom.

In the middle Price Column window at the bottom where it shows PnL how do I change the colors and fonts of that when a position is working ???

Thanks
                      Last edited by wallstreetpro; 03-16-2013, 07:50 AM.

Comment

You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by (using OCO exits would be similar):

Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
                        For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
                        Submit your stop order to buy above the market
                        For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
                        Submit your stop order to sell below the market
                        CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function
                        For a market fade approach just substitute limit orders with stop orders. This entry technique is demonstrated in our free ATM Level I training class that we hold several times per week.

The original link below also contains this video but here is a direct link without the text instructions: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/m...cels-Other.htm

Unfortunately there isn't a way to specifically change the font of just the PNL display. You can however toggle the display between currenct percent and points by left clicking on the PNL display of an open order. To change the font of all text on the superDOM ladder right click the window -> properties -> scroll down and locate font -> click the + to expand and edit as desired.

Comment

Unfortunately there isn't a way to specifically change the font of just the PNL display. You can however toggle the display between currenct percent and points by left clicking on the PNL display of an open order. To change the font of all text on the superDOM ladder right click the window -> properties -> scroll down and locate font -> click the + to expand and edit as desired.[/QUOTE]

Im more interested in just changing the color of the RED when its in a loss position I cant see the amount.

How do I change that color ?

Thank You

Comment

Hello wallstreetpro,

Thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately, the color used in PnL reporting cannot currently be changed. I will forward that suggestion on to our development staff for further consideration however.

If other questions come up please let me know.
                            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                            Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                            7 responses
                            0 likes