FXCM - no live data feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM - no live data feed?

I just upgraded to v12. Last week on v11 I was getting live data with my FXCM connection. Now when I connect, I can get historical data but no live data at all for any pairs. Kinda makes it hard to trade that way... :-)

I have reset and repaired the database, and also reset all instruments and reset my Sim account. I restarted NT multiple times... still no live data feed. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Bryan
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Oh, I see the problem in the trace file. Looks like you might have a bug in the FXCM adapter:

2013-03-11 10:07:43:269 Cbi.VendorLicense.Verify.1: good
    2013-03-11 10:07:43:690 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:44:268 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:44:782 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:45:328 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:45:874 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:46:420 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:46:966 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:47:512 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:48:058 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:48:604 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:49:150 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:49:696 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:50:242 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:50:258 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:50:866 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    2013-03-11 10:07:51:334 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
    cassb

Comment

Me too , I have no live data from my FXCM micro real account!!!

Comment

Hello Bryan,

Please run a repair installation of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.12.

Use the following link to download NinjaTrader. You can register your current license key which can be found under the Control Center -> Help--> License Key

Close NinjaTrader before installing.

Since this is an over-the-top repair, you will not lose any chart templates, workspaces or other custom settings.
        CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
          Hello Bryan,

Please run a repair installation of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.12.

Use the following link to download NinjaTrader. You can register your current license key which can be found under the Control Center -> Help--> License Key

Close NinjaTrader before installing.

Since this is an over-the-top repair, you will not lose any chart templates, workspaces or other custom settings.

Repair install complete. Still no live data. Trace file still showing the same error:

2013-03-11 10:46:51:547 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
          2013-03-11 10:46:52:031 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
          2013-03-11 10:46:52:577 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
          2013-03-11 10:46:53:111 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
          2013-03-11 10:46:53:657 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
          2013-03-11 10:46:54:203 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.
          2013-03-11 10:46:54:749 (FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onTablesUpdate1: Method not found: 'Boolean fxcore2.O2GOfferRow.get_isAskValid()'.

Bryan
          cassb

Comment

Bryan,

Please send a note to Support[At]NinjaTrader[Dot]Com.

Put ATTN: Cameron in the subject field and a link to this forum post in the body.

Provide me with your latest Log and Trace files.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

* The log file will be named log.20130311.txt

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

* The trace file will be named trace.20130311.txt

Please attach both of these files to your next response. If these files are over 4MB, please let me know and I can respond with alternative instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
              Bryan,

Please send a note to Support[At]NinjaTrader[Dot]Com.

Put ATTN: Cameron in the subject field and a link to this forum post in the body.

Provide me with your latest Log and Trace files.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

* The log file will be named log.20130311.txt

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

* The trace file will be named trace.20130311.txt

Please attach both of these files to your next response. If these files are over 4MB, please let me know and I can respond with alternative instructions.
              Log and trace sent.
              cassb

Comment

I did a clean install and now I have live data !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ekann View Post
                  I did a clean install and now I have live data !!!
                  OK cool... I'll keep that in mind. I don't want to lose a bunch of ATM strategies I set up though, so we'll see if they can figure out this error message in the trace file first.
                  cassb

Comment

Ekann,

Thank you for the update, we are looking into the cause of this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by cassb View Post
                      OK cool... I'll keep that in mind. I don't want to lose a bunch of ATM strategies I set up though, so we'll see if they can figure out this error message in the trace file first.
                      Remember that you can always rename the folder NinjaTrader located in your documents: (C :/ / .... / / My Documents / NinjaTrader 7)

for example: C :/ / .... / / my documents / old NinjaTrader 7.

This way you do not lose your content, and you can completely uninstall the program and You can do a clean installation.

After you have made the appropriate tests and ensure proper operation, you can rename and return to the original folder and check if everything is ok

Regards,

Comment

Loading data is taking forever...

Hello,

I got a reply from your programming department saying that it will take a few weeks to resolve the issue. He said there will be a new update. A few weeks is NOT good and that stops me from using my strategies. I did a clean installation and the "Loading data" is still there for a long time and then only got one bar on the chart. Indicators then would be ineffective.

Is it possible for programming dept just to fix the only issue and get this NT going for us? Is there a way around the issue?

Thanks,
                        -traderjh

Comment

Hello,

FXCM is aware of this issue and has planned maintenance on the servers that interface with NinjaTrader, however I do not have a schedule of when this would be completed.

As a result we recommend only requesting the least amount of data that you need. You can reduce the amount of data you load in NinjaTrader by right clicking in your charts and selecting Data Series. It is here you will see the days to load setting that you can reduce to pull less historical data from FXCM.

If you need more historical data or faster historical data load times, you can take advantage of NinjaTrader’s ability to make a secondary connection to bring in data from another provider such as www.kinetick.com. This data will work in sync with your live FXCM data and is seamless to integrate into your trading with FXCM.

Comment

I too have this same issue after recently upgrading but it's not only the FXCM feed that wont't give me live (real time) data but also my paid kinetick feed. I will try a repair install and see if that fixes it.

Sounds like the answer might be reverting back to the older (working) version till NT releases a fix.

Comment

Hello,

The issue is certain files are not getting updated in the process.

Please uninstall from the Windows Control Panel and check to verify that all the files are being removed from the C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader folder, or the folder is completely removed.

Then download and run the installer for a new installation.

Use the following link to download NinjaTrader.

Let us know if this does resolve the issue or if it persists.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              16 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Leafcutter  
                              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes