FXCM - no live data feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Cameron,

I uninstalled NT7 and re-installed it this morning hoping to get full data feed. After re-installation, I submitted 90 days and got much less data feed from FXCM. I have 14 charts of Forex pairs and some got up to March 11th, some has missing month(February) even got partly January. These missing data feeds affect my indicators.

If you have a better solution, please let me know.

Thanks,
    -traderjh

Comment

Hello,

Can you lower your chart down to one Forex Pair and test loading the data on that one chart?

Currently the FXCM servers that interface with NinjaTrader transmit data slower and loading that many charts at once may take a long time or not be able to finish downloads.
      CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
        Hello,

Can you lower your chart down to one Forex Pair and test loading the data on that one chart?

Currently the FXCM servers that interface with NinjaTrader transmit data slower and loading that many charts at once may take a long time or not be able to finish downloads.
        Yes, I shut down all charts but one and resubmitted 120 days for this chart. I only got up to March 11th.

-traderjh

Comment

traderjh,

Lower the days to load, try first at 15, then move up in increments.

Also, observe the Control Center, does it say Loading Data, or Saving?

Comment

traderjh,

Lower the days to load, try first at 15, then move up in increments.

Also, observe the Control Center, does it say Loading Data, or Saving?
            I tried 15, 20, 25, 30 and 60. All got up to March 11th. The message on the chart says "Loading data..." and it stays there for at least 5 minutes each time.

Sometimes as long as an hour to complete loading.

-traderjh

Comment

traderjh,

While the chart says it's loading, what does the lower left corner of the Control Center say?

Is there any activity or signs of loading data?

Comment

traderjh,

While the chart says it's loading, what does the lower left corner of the Control Center say?

Is there any activity or signs of loading data?
                It says "Connected - FXCM" in green background.

Comment

Hello,

Load times for FXCM historical data is expected to take some time depending on the amount of data requested. Tick charts in particular can take several minutes to load, and as such we include a mention of this in the disclaimer when you setup your connection. As a result we recommend only requesting the least amount of data that you need. You can reduce the amount of data you load in NinjaTrader by right clicking in your charts and selecting Data Series. It is here you will see the days to load setting that you can reduce to pull less historical data from FXCM.

If you need more historical data or faster historical data load times, you can take advantage of NinjaTrader’s ability to make a secondary connection to bring in data from another provider such as www.kinetick.com. This data will work in sync with your live FXCM data and is seamless to integrate into your trading with FXCM.

Please let me know if you would like me to follow up with more information about the Kinetick service.

Comment

Ok. But, I had no problem downloading unlimited datafeed with FXCM's Strategy Trader even up to 180 days in 14 charts, in matter of a few minutes. Then until I got this NT7 and had struggles getting the needed data like full 30 days.

Sigh...

Comment

traderjh,

Understand that there are different servers that interface with FXCM's platform and NinjaTrader.

FXCM is looking to upgrade these servers but unfortunately we do not have a time frame of when this upgrade would be complete.

Until then, Kinetick remains an option for fast historical data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                      11 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post xiinteractive  
                      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes