NIKKEI 225 MINI on Osaka Exchange not showing up in NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIKKEI 225 MINI on Osaka Exchange not showing up in NT

The data is coming from IB. They have NIKKEI 225 and NIKKEI 225 MINI. Added both to the Instrument Manager, Nikkei 225 works but there's no data for Nikkei 225 mini. In TWS, I can see data for both, Mini volume is about double.

Here are configuration details:
    Master Instrument: MN
    Instrument Type: Future
    Tick size: 5
    Currency: Japanese Yen
    Point Value: 100
    Rollover: 3

Exchanges: OSE
    Symbol Map for IB: N225M

Any help is appreciated.

Miscellaneous Support

Hello,

Please send in a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and I will assist you from there.

Comment

Hmm I am having exactly the same problem. Chart for Nikkei 25 mini shows up blank with no error message, only the log is saying "Requested market data is not subscribed.Error&OSE.JPN/FUT/Top 354". But I can see the chart in IB's TWS platform. Here is a screenshot of my settings, note that I have both OSE and Default exchanged ticked off. For reference, I have been able to add other similar instruments, sucg as SGX mini JGB index. What's the trick here?

Update: after deleting & creating instrument yet another time it started working.... until restart of NT. This looks to be intermittent and so it's hard to deal with.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by billitin; 12-15-2008, 02:18 AM. Reason: Temporarily solved problem

Comment

Hello billitin,

Can you please check if you have TWS 887.2 installed. You can check this under Help-->About TradersWorkStation.

If not, you can download and install it at the link below.

Please check if you receive real-time data for the N225M in TWS at the times you do not receive data for it in NinjaTrader.

I suggest to add the instrument to your default instrument list and check if you still receive data after a restart.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Adding it in the default instruments list helped. As well as for some other exotic tickers that I couldn't get showing before. Thanks

Comment

Hello, I am having similar problem. mini-Nikkei shows up fine for IB, but with esignal, the symbol is Ni225_m, and i cannot get a chart on it.

Comment

Hello cmaxb,

NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.10 has the Nikkei 225 futures present by default, but not the mini futures. You will need to create a new instrument in the Instrument Manager.

I suggest to check the settings of the N225 instrument and create the new instrument similar. You see that the N225 uses NI225|OSM as symbol map for eSignal. Please use NI225_M|OSM for the mini N225.

If this will not work for you, please send me an email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com that includes your eSignal login credentials so I can test it on my end. Please put 'Attn Jason, NIKKEI 225 MINI on Osaka Exchange not showing up in NT' in the subject header.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes