blank chart after reload even with saved data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blank chart after reload even with saved data

After leaving my strategy running on my chart unattended, I come back after several hours to find that the chart is blank. The data from the broker was still being saved but the chart was not showing it. Reloading didn't populate the chart. When I exited NT and restarted, the chart had all the data up to date even before reconnecting with my broker.

Why would the chart be blank even with saved data? I do have an auto reload program but the log says that it was running fine. On one of the reloads, the chart must not have redrawn. Why would this be?

Hello werido,

I am not sure why the chart became blank. Are you able to reproduce the issue if you apply the same strategy in a chart?

Please send me your log and trace files. Include during what time period the issue occurred (when you left and came back) as well. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, blank chart after reload even with saved data' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just tried reloading my chart and got a message that Gain servers are busy and can't load historical data. This made my chart blank and this closed my open position since I had "sync account position" enabled and a blank chart has no positions. But I also had MBT as my second connection and it didn't take over getting the historical data when I got the message from Gain. I just now set MBT as the backup data in the Gain connection. Will this setting now avoid the issue of a blank chart resulting from a reload in Gain? Will MBT now automatically pull the historical data to reload if Gain's servers send the message that it's busy? Or will I still get a blank chart?

Also, why am I getting a message that says Gain servers are busy for the historical data, if in account connections I have NT set for historical data?
      Last edited by werido; 03-20-2013, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Hello werido,

The error is related to our historical data server. The message indicates the historical data server was too busy processing other request so your data request could not be processed.

Please wait a few minutes and check if you can reload the historical data by right clicking the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.

If the error remains, please reduce the amount of historical data requested in the charts and try again. Restart NinjaTrader but do not connect to your data feed. Right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Reduce the value for 'Days to load'. Once you reduced historical data in all charts, please connect and check if data is loaded.

Unfortunately, it will use the backup connection only when you experience a disconnection with Gain.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have already set my charts to only 15 days of minute data before getting the server message. What is the ideal amount of days I should set for minute data to avoid this message and a blank chart if I reload every 20 minutes? It is very critical I not get this busy server message since this will close out trades from getting the resulting blank chart. How can I avoid this ever happening? Should I select the Gain servers not NT for historical? Would that work? I have never gotten this message from any other broker.

Comment

Also, is the historical Gain data that NT servers have the data that the NT servers receive in real time and then stored, or is it downloaded from Gain servers?

Comment

We do not have any recommendations other than reducing the client side load by closing out of unnecessary instruments and using the minimum amount of days to load that you can get by with.

You can switch to the GAIN severs, however they only supply a few days of historical data.

The NT historical data servers record directly from a GAIN connection for forex instruments.
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes