Newbie questions on strategy analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie questions on strategy analyzer

I am new to NT, and is using FREE license.
    I used to write some indicators in Excel, and test it using EOD data downloaded from Bloomberg terminal & Yahoo.
    I hope to use NT to try out some strategy and optimise some parameters for indicators, and has 1 very basic question. For the quantity, I would like to set it such that a fixed amount of fund (plus whatever profit or loss generated) will be used to enter the subsequent position, such that I can compare the strategy performance against say buy-and-hold strategy.
    I have searched high and low, but don't seems to find the answer. I am sure NT can do it, so please enlighten me in this, many thanks!

Hello,

We have an example script that demos how to track trader performance and trade accordingly.

I would suggest starting with this and modify as needed: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4084

These sections of the help guide should be of use as well: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...erformance.htm

Let me know if I can be of any more help along the way.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I will try it out, and let you know if I need further help. Have a good day!

I have tried over the weekend to add a couple lines to a simple strategy created using the Strategy Wizard, but face some new problem, and need you to enlighten me a bit more.
      I realised that by viewcode, I cannot edit the code. So, I unlock the code, and then do the editing, and save it. However, the strategy seems totally unchanged whatever I edit. I guess something to do with re-loading the revised version of strategy, but I just can't find the way.

Please ignore my last paragragh. I managed to solve it!
      Last edited by Tarry; 03-18-2013, 06:47 PM. Reason: Managed to solve it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
      15 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post xiinteractive  
      Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
      1 response
      0 likes