Lost Connection to NT/CQG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Connection to NT/CQG

Hi. We've got 2 computers with a connection to NT/CQG and we have been losing connection to CQG off and on (at different times from each other) for about the past 30 minutes (started around 9:50 am).

We have both tried re-starting NT and opening/closing the connection but either we can't re-connect at all or the connection doesn't hold. The status bar goes from green to red to orange etc. At one point I had a connection (status bar was green) but the charts were about 5 min behind and the DOMs were blank.

We also tried logging on to CQG directly and the page never loaded at all (I tried on 2 separate computers....same result). The internet connection is fine. One pc is running the latest version of NT (7.0.1000.12) and the other is runing 7.0.1000.11. We're trading on ES 06-13 and NQ 06-13.

Thanks

Hello Elysium,

Thank you for your post.

Other users are experiencing the same matter, CQG is currently investigating this matter.

I will follow up here with any additional information I receive.

Comment

Thank you. FYI: We did finally manage to get a stable connection around 11 am or so.

Comment

I have had the same today. Disconnects every 5 minutes from CQG throughout the afternoon. It's completely unacceptable. At this rate I'd rather purchase MetaTrader

Comment

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration on these items this morning.

We had several reports of irregular connection behavior this morning specific to the CQG technology, however we do not believe this was a result of the CQG global network as not all users were affected.

Currently we are working with CQG to pinpoint exactly what occurred.

As not all clients were affected and based on the reports and behavior this morning, we believe that the this was due to an outage with ISP backbone that is used for some users to connect to the CQG global network.

As of this writing, users are able to connect, but please let us know if you still cannot connect this morning.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do for you.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I have same problem today few times more than 5 min Connection Lost CQG but Data Feeds works but i cannt take order very funny and unbeliveable.

Wow every few min Connection Lost right now .
            Last edited by dragutin; 01-09-2014, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your report.

Please send us an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we may look into this further. If you'd like we'd be happy to give you a call and log into your PC to analyze your connection in real-time.

Comment

This problem is also with zenfire i can remember the first time since i bought NT 6 for 5 years zinfire connection broke so often i wrote to them they said its my internet connection. sorry for my bad english. I wrote also to NT support they never told me why the connection broke. than i heard from few guys the problem is the server i place in Europe is the problem well i am from Austria.

Comment

Also sorry for my bad english. It is the first day with cqg live data. Until now i have 12 lost connections to the price feed and 1 lost connection to the primary connection. No data in charts and DOM only at the interruption to the primary. What will be at 8.30 a.m. est today?

Comment

Pete,

We will need to analyze your diagnostic files to look into these lost connections further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference this thread in the body of the message.

Comment

send. Stable since 12.45 cet.

Comment

First day with AMP/CQG and NT v18.
                        NT has crashed 3 times since the markets opened (was OK earlier).
                        AMP was recommending v16 which is no longer available/supported by NT.
                        NT says the problem is on my side.
                        I disagree - this is EXACTLY the problem I was seeing with v18 and ZenFire.

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_O View Post
                          First day with AMP/CQG and NT v18.
                          NT has crashed 3 times since the markets opened (was OK earlier).
                          AMP was recommending v16 which is no longer available/supported by NT.
                          NT says the problem is on my side.
                          I disagree - this is EXACTLY the problem I was seeing with v18 and ZenFire.
                          I've spoke to AMP and if they recommended R16, there was a miscommunication. You can speak to them about this and they can confirm there are no general issues with AMP/CQG and R18.

Please contact us at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and we'll be happy to help you remotely regarding NinjaTrader crashing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                          6 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Barry Milan  
                          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes