Resetting database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resetting database

Recently, I started to have problems with the Tick charts of my workspace not displaying the data bars, while the minute charts would work OK, or vice versa.
    This happens when I connect to eSignal data feed.
    However, if I close NT7 and restart it, the bars will show correctly; but they will disappear when I connect to eSignal.
    I suspect some problem with the data base so would like to know how to "reset/cleanup" the database.
    In case you suspect something else, please let me know.
    Thanks

Please delete your historical data using the instructions provided at the following page of the NinjaTrader Help Guide:

Removing Historical Data - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ml?editing.htm

Once the data has been deleted close NinjaTrader. Open the Documents\NinjaTrader7\db\cache folder. Select all files then right mouse click and select “delete.”

Open NinjaTrader and connect to your data provider. Open an new chart.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you for your prompt reply.
      I did what you suggested, and unfortunatly my tick charts d'ont show the data bars (but the minute charts are OK) => I made a bad assumption.
      Do you have an idea of what could be wrong ?
      Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Can you clarify exactly which instruments you are attempting to load? I will need a specific instrument so I may test this on my end.

Comment

I am loading the Future on the CAC40; this has been working for years ....
          I have just closed and restarted NT7 and this time one of my tick charts loads and updates correctly after I connect to eSignal .... but the other ones do not. This seems to be more or less random.
          I noticed that when I restart NT7, and before I connect to eSignal, the bars are correctly shown in my tick charts, which means that the data is somehow coming in anyway; it is just that it is not displayed and my charts remain blank
          I hope this helps.

Comment

If the data is there, but not loading in the chart, it might be because another process is locking those files.

Can you please clarify if you are running any security software or anti-virus applications that may be conflicting with your user directory? Any hard drive utilities like automatic defrag or back up software that could have been running at that time? If so, can you please tell me the names of these programs?

Comment

I like your suggestion that another process is locking these files; but ... which files by the way ?
              You also mention my user directory; which one ?
              I will start a "stripped down" session to try to identify the culprit.
              Hum .... this time all my charts are OK; really random.
              I will keep you informed of my progress.

Comment

If you continue to experience issues, please make sure your Virus scanner or any other application that would lock files have excluded the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder. You will want to ensure that none of the files in this directory are being locked, or to remove this directory from your anti-viruses scanning list.

Specifically, the files are in Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\ folder, but it's a good idea to create exclusion for the entire NinjaTrader 7 folder and all of it's child folders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes