Switching between Time Frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching between Time Frames

I would like to easily switch between time frames such as 5 Min to 60 Min. Is there no way to put those options as buttons on top such as shown on this platform:

But more important when I scroll back to look at historic data and then switch time frames by typing on the screen; it moves the chart to the current time and I have to go back and scroll to figure out where I was. This is very annoying.

Is there no way when switching time frames to stay at the same point on the chart?

Hello rwbil,

Thanks for writing in.

Unfortunately you are not able to add time interval values to the top of your chart however within the DataSeries drop down menu you will have many popular time frames available.

Additionally, We have added the ability to quickly change the interval from keyboard shortcuts, please see the example below.

* Select your chart, start typing directly on the chart, 60M and press 'Enter'

The above will change your chart to a 60 Minute chart. 'M' is the suffix for Minute.
    Available suffixes:
    Suffix interval:
    M
    Minute
    T
    Tick
    V
    Volume
    R
    Range
    S
    Second
    D
    Day
    W
    Week
    MO
    Month
    Y
    Year
    RE
    Renko

This can also be changed from the Data Series window.

* Right click in your chart -> Data Series -> set the 'Type' to Minute -> Press 'OK'

For additional information and a list of available suffixes, please see the following section in the link below.
    How to change a Data Series - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm

Please note that some bar types require Historical Tick data and not all data providers support Historical Tick Data.
    Please see the following link to see all the supported data types for each provider.
    Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Unfortunately there is not an option to add custom minute buttons to the chart tool bar or stay at the current time when changing intervals however I will forward these suggestions to development.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I realize how to change the TF from the chart window and I have Real Time unfiltered data provided by Kinetics.

But when I am trying to analyze data, lets say 3 days ago. Example, I have the 60M bars on and scroll back. And lets say I draw some arrows and boxes.

I then type in 5M and switch to 5M bars, the data automatically scroll to the current time and all my boxes and arrows are messed up. I do not want it to automatically scroll back to the current time

Also the x-axis does not display the way I would like it to. Like in the example below it does not show the date 3/11. Why does that date show up. I have to go through and figure out when the day started.

Comment

Hello rwbil,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand your request and it has been forwarded to development as a feature to take into consideration.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post junkone
        by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
        12 responses