Kinetick and IB Forex data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my experience:

- Kinetik does a pretty good job, not exactly as IB, but you immediately will have six month of historical data, but when you go live, for trading purposes I'd make sure to base my trading on live IB data, in order to avoid little price differences.

- I don't recommend to receive 1 pip increments, but if you do, you might have 1 pip increments by setting in TOOLS, OPTIONS, DATA (TAB) and set quote currencies fx in PIP and not halfpip. Another setting, make sure that you have the EURUSD feeding from IBidealpro

I'm sure you're gonna get a better help from support team pretty soon, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by robert8804 View Post
      Hi guys,

Two questions for you all. I hope that someone can answer. I'm willing to get the premium Forex package from Kinetick. Which Bank/Feed (the composite or a particular bank) best matches Interactive brokers data feed?

Also, I like to see my charts in increments of 1 pip. Is this impossible with NT if I have IB as my broker?

Thanks.
      IB deals their own rates as far as I know. I don't know which bank rate from Kinetick would match IB's rates, but we'll let other users contribute their experience.

You can change the pip settings under Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> select the desired "Quote FX" setting.

IB will work in half pips.
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Pstrusi,

I appreciate the response. Just to be clear you would recommend the Kinetik premium forex package? My understanding is that if you wish you can get your feed from a particular bank; do you do that?

And if I'm hearing you correctly there is no problem with NT an IB in terms of getting my charts in 1 pip increments? Thanks bud. really appreciate it.

Comment

Hi Pstrusi,

I appreciate the response. Just to be clear you would recommend the Kinetik premium forex package? My understanding is that if you wish you can get your feed from a particular bank; do you do that?

And if I'm hearing you correctly there is no problem with NT an IB in terms of getting my charts in 1 pip increments? Thanks bud. really appreciate it.
          - I have not used Kinetick premium forex package, so I couldn't tell really. I use directly IB data, because to me is important trading what I really see and have available.

- No, there's no problem, just setting correctly and you´ll have your charts in pips.

Comment

Thanks Matthew. But will IB work with 1 pip. I read somewhere that this may not be possible. I wanted to confirm. Thanks,

Comment

great. Thanks guys. I guess what I really need is to be able to replay the market as if I was trading live with IB. What would be the best possible solution? I trade the London open but would like to replay the NY open and other times.

Thanks.

Comment

great. Thanks guys. I guess what I really need is to be able to replay the market as if I was trading live with IB. What would be the best possible solution? I trade the London open but would like to replay the NY open and other times.

Thanks.
                You would need to record the market replay data from a live connection.

Please click here for detailed instructions on downloading and recording market replay data

Comment

ah, seems simple enough. But that begs the question; why would you want to purchase Kinetick? To view historical data? Will the Market replay option allow me to view charts in ticks?

Comment

Kinetick will work for real-time unfiltered data, and extended historical data which might not be provided by your broker

Comment

Im not able to use 5 decimals

Hello I have made both things and I still not able to have the price data with 5 decimals. I am using Kinetick 1 min historical data. Should I download the data again using this new config?

Using Print(High[0]) Also shows 4 decimal.

Thank you

Belikewater

Comment

Hello Belikewater,

After changing the 'Quote currencies in' setting, you will need to reload the data.

You can do this by right clicking on the chart and selecting 'Reload All Historical Data'.
                        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Sam2515
                        by Sam2515

Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                        15 responses