Ninja losing connection to broker permanently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja losing connection to broker permanently

Hello, at random times my Ninjatrader is losing connection to my broker's server and will not re-establish connection indefinitely, when NT does this I get in the NT logs a "highlighted yellow" error message which says: Pats.Adapter.Unsubscribe ErrNotLoggedOn

So the NT/broker connection does not "automatically" re-connect and stays disconnected for say 6 hours. But after the connection is disconnected for 6 hours I am able to close down the NT platform and re-connect "manually", so this means the problem is not my ISP.

Maybe the problem is due to my NT installation or my Windows 7 PC, as when the connection is lost NT cant restore the connection again within seconds.

Could something have changed on my broker's end, but as i said i could connect again manually 5 hours after the connection was initially lost.

Is it possible to work out what the problem is from the error message: Pats.Adapter.Unsubscribe ErrNotLoggedOn

I have never seen this error message or problem before when i was using Windows XP, I only started to see this problem when I started using Windows 7.

I am using NT version: 7.0.1000.11 (live)

At the moment I'm running the Ninjatrader application file (the 174 KB file located in programs folder>Ninjatrader 7>bin folder) in Windows XP Service pack 3 "compatibility mode" within Windows 7. However, it seems strange that the NT app/exe file is only 174 KB in size, so maybe im not applying XP mode to the correct file(s) or folder? If this is so, how do i "properly" run the entire NinjaTrader application in "windows XP compatibility mode" within Windows 7 ???

This is a very serious problem for me as when I am asleep my NT loses connection with my broker, so I am missing key trade exits and entries.

This is an emergency problem for me as i need to be up and running again by sunday afternoon at 5pm chicago time (if this is possible??).

Thank you in advance for your help. Very much appreciated for any help.

Kind regards,

Rod
    Last edited by Rocket130713; 03-16-2013, 04:45 AM.

Had a look at the NinjaTrader "logs" and "trace" files and saw mention of the words along the lines of: "password expired. must change password before log on again."

so it looks like the password expiring closed down my session and connection with broker.

so will change the password and see if that fixes the problem.

also, i got the "password has expired" message a few weeks ago, so i changed the password then, but still im gettign the same "password expired" message. is there anyway to turn this "password expired" feature off, so i dont get this problem at all?

im happy not to change the password for quite a while, or ring my broker to change the password for me.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

I have a problem like that too. Sometimes it re-connects within a short period of time, other times, it seems like the only way to get it to re-connect is to shut down NT and start it up again. I've noticed when it does disconnect that many times my internet connection is at fault, since I can't even browse an external web page. But after it's up again, I'm able to start browsing, my other trade platform has re-connected and other connects are all working, but NT is still showing red. One of my suspected causes of this is that I usually run from home, on a company VPN. NT may be trying to use a previous connection or something that is no longer available.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Recreating the connection should allow you to overcome the persistent password change message.
        • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
        • Restart NinjaTrader
        • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to your Patsystems based brokerage.
        Click here to take me to the Patsystems Connection Guide

When a disconnection occurs, NinjaTrader will make attempts to reconnect however the software will time out after a number of tries. If connection cannot be automatically renegotiated before the time out occurs, one would need to restart NinjaTrader or manually disconnect then reconnect via the File menu.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes