Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No 64bit mode after upgrading to R12

Hi there,

I just upgraded my production system (Windows Server 2008 R2) to R12, after the upgrade the bin64 folder is empty. I did it a 2nd time, same thing.

I did the same upgrade a couple weeks ago on my R&D machine (Windows 7 Pro) without any problem.

I just completely uninstalled Ninja, and did a fresh install that worked ok ... There is likely an issue in the upgrade process for 64bit.
    Last edited by dom993; 03-17-2013, 09:16 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your note. While we haven't had any reports of the occurring and do have users with Server 2008 we don't officially support Windows Server 2008.

That said, I do thank you for this information and I will forward this onto development so they may look into it further.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just to add my voice- this happened to me as well. I am trying a complete re-install to see if that corrects the issue for me.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your report.

If the 64-bit version of NinjaTrader was running during the upgrade process, it will not be updated correctly. Our development team is aware of this behavior and we're looking to make improvements in this area in the next major release.

Please ensure you have shut down NinjaTrader completely before running the upgrade. With NinjaTrader shut down, you should expect both the 32-bit version and 64-bit version to install correctly.

Your complete reinstall should fix this, but please report back if it does not.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

So the complete reinstall did not work. One thing I should note, this is R 13, not 12. I did initially run the set up while the 64b version was running, but this install failed completely (I cannot state categorically that it failed for this reason- I am accessing my PC remotely doing the install and wandered off to do something else during the first install and returned to find that it had been interrupted. I assumed it had failed due to the running instance, closed it, and reinstalled successfully, only without the desired 64b installation).

I then fully uninstalled the product, and reinstalled from scratch- no 64b version installed. I will try rolling back to R12 for now.

Comment

There should be no open items with the 64-bit version. I am running this here on R13.

Before you revert back, please follow the steps listed below to repair your current installation of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.13

Please note that following the steps below will not impact your charts, workspaces, custom indicators or any other NinjaTrader settings. This will simply repair the core components of NinjaTrader that may need to be reinstalled.

1. Close all running applications.

2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.

3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.

4. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).

5. Reboot your machine.

6. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:

* http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration

If this does not work, please email us at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we can look into this report further.

Comment

The reboot seems to have done the trick- thanks for the help!

Comment

Glad to hear that did it!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by Rapine Heihei, Yesterday, 07:51 PM