Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart doesn't display todays daily price history

Hello there,

When I open a daily chart like GC 04-13 for example, its reflects current price but not today's price range , e.t. today's candle has open price, high, low and close of very close values like : 1603.9,1603.1,1603.1,1602.2,1602.5 , though gold price today has a
    low of 1595.10 and high pf 1605.9..... if I choose 1440 minute todays price range shows correct.
    I tried: restart NT, disconnect IB, disconnect kinetick , another instrument ES... but the result is same
    see attached screen-shot
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GCchart.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	899989

Ninja 7.0.1000.12
    Windows XP
    IB data feed - live
    kinetick - EOD

Hello bassam,

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'? If not, please disconnect Kinetick & IB and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab, click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if data is loaded as expected.

If the issue remains, please exit NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check again.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply,

I've tried all below & also : reset instrument, reset data base, but none of this helped.

Further check in historical data manager shows that today has no price records recorded whatsoever, last record on 16/03/2013.
      Last edited by bassam; 03-18-2013, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Do you load the missing data if you reverse your connection sequence? So if you connect to IB first and Kinetick second, please connect to Kinetick first and IB second.

In addition, please check what TWS version you currently have installed. You can check this at Help-->About TradersWorkStation.

We currently support TWS version 927 as per the IB connection guide at the link below. Could it be you have a different version - perhaps TWS automatically updated to the latest version?

Please make sure you have TWS 927 installed. You can download it from the following link.

Comment

I've installed TWS version you provided, now i have 9.2.7.7, tried reversed connection first IB then Kinetick and the opposite, deleted cache and even deleted the data for GC in the historical manager and restarted then reseted and repaired the database, but still have the same issue.

Comment

Hello bassam,

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the folder below once more.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Delete the cache and day folders. Start NinjaTrader and connect to IB. Check if the GC 04-13 daily chart loads all data.

When I test it on my end, I load data as per the attached screenshot.
            Attached Files

Comment

Same issue, nothing changed

I've even returned the machine to the state when NT was freshly installed with standard instruments only, then add GC and started all over again, still same issue....
              Last edited by bassam; 03-18-2013, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Hello bassam,

Can you please send me your log and trace files. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach them in your email and send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, Chart doesn't display todays daily price history' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20130318 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20130318 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

Ok done.
                  Please do let me know if you don't receive my email with attachments.

Comment

I received your files. Please expect a response shortly.

Comment

Isn't the problem here that daily bars are created from the RTH session automatically? So that is why using the 1440 minute chart shows the full range, but by selecting daily bars, you will see only the RTH range?

Comment

It depends on the data feed provider. If you load historical daily data in NinjaTrader while connected to IB, they should load as per ETH hours.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post usazencort  
                        Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                        5 responses