• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT version 12

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
    Hello tallpaw,

Thanks for your reply.

The orders that you place on older version or the latest version of NinjaTrader to CQG will be at the exchange or CQG servers once they have reached the state of Accepted or Working.
    With older versions the built in OCO feature of ATM Strategies or when placing manual OCO orders the OCO functionality will reside on your PC. This mean that if you placed an ATM Strategy and lost connection your profit target and stop loss would be active however if one was reached the other target would not get closed out. This could result in the second target also getting filled and putting you in an undesired position.
    With the latest version of NinjaTrader they would properly work even while connection is lost however it is in beta.
    With the latest version you can however select the have the OCO functionality reside on your PC if you would like.
    To do so you would go to Tools> Account Connections
    Select your CQG account and press Change
    Select Next on the Manage an Existing Connection and General screen
    Check Local OCO Simulation
    Brandon: I want to make sure I am clear on this. I am going to upgrade to v. 12. Let me give you 3 examples ..
    1. Let suppose I place a limit buy order for an ES contract using an ATM strategy that has a stop loss order and a sell limit order. Lets say my internet connection goes down BUT my order had not gotten filled before I lost connection. (Assume throughout these examples I do not call my broker to cancel or to get out of the trade). Are you saying that even though my order was not filled before I lost internet, my buy limit order could get filled with the attached stop loss and sell limit order and I would have an active ATM strategy order working on the exchange/CQG servers ??
    2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, which I think it is, I also will assume that my orders could be completed ( either making money or stopped out) before my internet connection comes back. If this is true, what happens to the orders that I originally placed on my dome when my internet connection comes back on .... will all the orders that were originally placed on my dome be gone ???
    3. Last point .... if the order is still working, when my internet connection comes back, the orders would still show on my dome as working orders. Is this a true statement ??
    Brandon, I hope I am not being a pain in the $#% but I want to make sure I completely understand. Again, thanks for all your help

Comment

Hello tallpaw,

Thanks for your reply.

When using NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.11

1) If you place buy limit order with an ATM strategy attached to it and you get disconnected before the order fills, the buy limit order will be active and can fill while your NinjaTrader is down. However, the ATM strategy will not activate leaving you unprotected.
      If the order fills before you lose connection, yes, the profit target and stop loss will be active however if one is filled the other will not be closed out and could entry you into a undesired position.

2) When the connection comes back your order information will update to show what was filled and what is still active.

3) Yes, working orders/postions will still show on your SuperDOM once reconnected.

When using NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.12

1) If you place buy limit order with an ATM strategy attached to it and you get disconnected before the order fills, the buy limit order will be active and can fill while your NinjaTrader is down. However, the ATM strategy will not activate leaving you unprotected.
      If the order fills before you lose connection the profit target and stop loss will still function while the connection is lost and if one is reached the other will be closed out.

2) When the connection comes back your order information will update to show what was filled and what is still active.

3) Yes, working orders/postions will still show on your SuperDOM once reconnected.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brandon; 04-03-2013, 11:08 AM.
      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
        Hello tallpaw,

Thanks for your reply.

When using NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.11

1) If you place buy limit order with an ATM strategy attached to it and you get connected before the order fills, the buy limit order will be active and can fill while your NinjaTrader is down. However, the ATM strategy will not activate leaving you unprotected.
        If the order fills before you lose connection, yes, the profit target and stop loss will be active however if one is filled the other will not be closed out and could entry you into a undesired position.

When using NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.12

1) If you place buy limit order with an ATM strategy attached to it and you get connected before the order fills, the buy limit order will be active and can fill while your NinjaTrader is down. However, the ATM strategy will not activate leaving you unprotected.
        If the order fills before you lose connection the profit target and stop loss will still function while the connection is lost and if one is reached the other will be closed out.

Brandon: I think you meant to say under both items 1) " attached to it and you get disconnected before the order fills". Anyway, I completely understand now and will upgrade to version 12. Definitely advantageous to upgrade to version 12 especially if I get filled on an order before my connection goes down. At least my limits and stops are there and will OCO each other. Thanks again for all your help and you guys are great !!!!!

Comment

Hello tallpaw,

Thanks for your reply.

That is correct, it should have said disconnected. I have updated the post.
          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes