Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyse on Tick based chart

Hello,

I haven't found any thread and help where I can read about the tick based strategy analyzer. What I'd like: I have a tick chart datas, complet Level I data. (ask bid last) and I'd like to analyse my strategy using this datas, as can be done when I use at Market Replay. So, when I'd like to run an strategy using Strategy Analyzer I can chose Data series bar type based on tick: tick, renko, range, but it doesen't give me the right datas, as it would run on Market Replay. So, what can you recommend to reach the same exact behavior as it would run using Market Replay? (since the MR using the spread and so it is the most correct solution to test the strategy, but it is very-very time consuming to wait the running of MR over years)

thanks Ron

Unfortunately it's not going to be possible to get the "exact" same results but there are some steps you can take to ensure closer results.

Please read this for the reason why the differences can occur: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ime_vs_bac.htm

When backtesting over historical data you only have access to the OHLC values of the bar. If your strategy runs with COBC = false it is not possible to backtest this in the wizard as COBC will always be set to true.

Some workarounds include using intra bar data series to generate results that would enter/exit intra bar by using a smaller data series. An example would be if you were trading off of Daily bars but wanted to enter on the minute.

Please see these two links for more info on this topic:
    For programming this:

Example:
    You can submit orders to different Bars objects. This allows you the flexibility of submitting orders to different timeframes. Like in live trading, taking entry conditions from a 5min chart means executing your order as soon as possible instead of waiting until the next 5min bar starts building. You can achieve this by

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post chbruno
    by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM