X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position.Close

Hello,

I want to ask please to be sure about understanding:

* with "NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.SuperDom.FlattenEverythi ng();" all positions in NT are closed (?) correct?

* with "Position.Close()" all positions of the strategy with "Position.Close" in the script-code are closed (?) correct?

* how can one close all positions of eg 3 strategies that are enabled in a chart?

Thanks
    Tony

Tony, none of those methods cited would be supported / documented and I could not point to one that would close all 3 individual strategy positions. A workaround could be handling all strategy from one master strategy, so coding one script with different entry / exit signals and multiple series. Then you add access to all positions the strategy would carry.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

Another question to an idea about handling orders and executions then please. With

private void btnstoplossnear_Click(object s, EventArgs e)
      {stopOrderD3 = ExitShortStop(1, true, 1000, stop1, "StopD3", "M1");}

I can handle exits and close - what quality is the action of the "button-clicks" please? Eg in this snippet here when I move the stoploss with mouse-click, is this a "normal" orderupdate or different somehow for NinjaTrader?

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Tony, none of those methods cited would be supported / documented and I could not point to one that would close all 3 individual strategy positions. A workaround could be handling all strategy from one master strategy, so coding one script with different entry / exit signals and multiple series. Then you add access to all positions the strategy would carry.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...tsub=positions

Comment

Tony, you would not call or force a call to a specific NT method with the button click event.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Next try to close my positions please:

setstoploss() is a market order, is there a corresponding way/order to close a position with exitxxyyzz() as mar****rder?

exitstoplonglimit() is not a market order. is exitstoplong() a mar****rder? If not, how can be the exitstop...() done as mar****rder (not with setstoploss - because setstoploss I can not work with and cancel in the script, I understand in the forum) for having a "sure" exit (by mar****rder) please?

Thanks
          Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Tony, you would not call or force a call to a specific NT method with the button click event.

Comment

Hello tonynt,

You can use ExitLongStop() will be a Stop Market Order that you may use as your stop loss instead of using SetStopLoss().
            JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Now I´m totally confused.

I thought so that ExitLongStop will be a market order but then I got the information from Nt-Patrick

"Thank you for your response.

That would not be the same as a Market Order. The Stop Market Order only becomes a Market Order once it's price level has been reached."

Thats why I had to ask again (and again, and again?)

So, is ExitLongStop a market order same as Setstoploss or not? You say here it is - thank you for your support by the way - but Patrick says it isn´t.

Thanks
              Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
              Hello tonynt,

You can use ExitLongStop() will be a Stop Market Order that you may use as your stop loss instead of using SetStopLoss().

Comment

Originally posted by tonynt View Post
                Thank you for your reply. Now I´m totally confused.

I thought so that ExitLongStop will be a market order but then I got the information from Nt-Patrick

"Thank you for your response.

That would not be the same as a Market Order. The Stop Market Order only becomes a Market Order once it's price level has been reached."

Thats why I had to ask again (and again, and again?)

So, is ExitLongStop a market order same as Setstoploss or not? You say here it is - thank you for your support by the way - but Patrick says it isn´t.

Thanks
                Tony
                ExitLongStop() becomes a Market Order, if and only if and when the Stop level is reached. Otherwise it is just another resting order. Precision in description please.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post geotrades1  
                Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes