Indicator suddenly changing behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator suddenly changing behavior

I have a simple indicator that places an arrow on my charts when there is an MA cross.

Within the options, there is an option to send an email when the crossover occurs (on bar close).

I simply enter the "sending" address and the "receiving" address.

I tried it once thinking that it wouldn't work, but sure enough it has been emailing me steadily for months. It has been VERY helpful to me, as I am a discretionary forex swing trader, and it alerts me to a possible trade (depending on a number of other factors). I saved it to a template, and so if I see something interesting on a certain time frame, I can just pull up the template and it's all set to go.

Except in the last week... it has stopped emailing me completely. I checked my templates. I checked my connection. I restarted Ninjatrader. I opened a blank chart and put the indicator (i.e., I didn't load it from the template).

Nothing! I cannot get it to email me anymore. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the recent update to Ninjatrader?

Any help that could be given would be greatly appreciated. I haven't taken one trade since the indicator stopped working!

Here is a link to a forum thread where you can get a copy of the MAcrossbuilder

Hello,

There are two likely causes for this to happen.
    1. Your email begun filtering this as spam
    2. The mailing port has been blocked by your router or IPS

First double check your junk mail to ensure it's not being sent there.

If that is not the issue:
    These errors are usually caused by your ISP or router blocking SMTP port 25.

To bypass this issue you may want to use your own e-mail provider, to use your own provider please visit the forum link below for further information.

Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not

Please let us know if the above resolves your issues or if we may be of any further assistance.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Directing me to the other thread was very helpful. I have a Gmail account so I used the settings there.

When I sent the "test"... a dialogue box popped up with the following:

"Failed to send mail: Failure sending mail"

So, I erased the Gmail settings and just used the default settings. I got the same error message. This suggests to me that this is on the NinjaTrader side. Given this new information, is there something else you would suggest I try?

Comment

I would configure your settings as specified in the Gmail settings of that post.

First do it exactly as it shows. With your gmail user name and password. Click OK.

Re-open the settings and click test. If there is an error change your gmail account name to be [email protected]

I know it says not to do this in the guide but sometimes this can correct the issue with some accounts. Before clicking test please first click OK and then re-open the window. Click Test

Additionally you may need to reset your modem, router, and PC.

Let me know if this doesn't resolve your issue.

Comment

It is working now. So delightful!

I'm not sure what changed... but it is working now!

Comment

Lag for things to open and close

Sometimes the following happens to me.

I have everything nicely open and running, meaning two instruments in about 10 charts, a DOM and am trucking along. Hm, I want to open the property of one chart. Right click on the chart. Odd. The menu does not right away open. There is a noticable lag like 30 seconds.
            At other times the same happens when I want to open an indicator to change a setting. The indicator menu pops open only with a tremendous lag while normally it pops open the moment I click on it. Similarly when closing the menu.It only does so after some time has past.

What could cause this lag? And how do I make it go away?

sandman

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
              Sometimes the following happens to me.

I have everything nicely open and running, meaning two instruments in about 10 charts, a DOM and am trucking along. Hm, I want to open the property of one chart. Right click on the chart. Odd. The menu does not right away open. There is a noticable lag like 30 seconds.
              At other times the same happens when I want to open an indicator to change a setting. The indicator menu pops open only with a tremendous lag while normally it pops open the moment I click on it. Similarly when closing the menu.It only does so after some time has past.

What could cause this lag? And how do I make it go away?

sandman
              This is likely a custom script that is causing NinjaTrader hang.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please state your issue in the body of the email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post gentlebenthebear  
              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes