how to use ATM to achieve fixed profit target when averaging down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to use ATM to achieve fixed profit target when averaging down

when trading average down, i wonder if it's possible to use ATM to get fixed profit target profit and stop loss, for instance, when enter first order of short CL at 95 with profit target of 10 ticks at 94.9 with ATM strategy, then price jump to 95.3, entering second short order which gets average price at 95.15, but i wish ATM could automatically change profit target to 94.05 for the fixed 10 tick profit target, rather than keeping 94.9 for two contract as ATM currently doing. is it possible to build a strategy within ATM to achieve this?

Hello futuretrader8,

Thank you for your post.

I believe that changing the ATM Strategy Selection Mode in the order entry window you're using would cause things to work as you've outlined. Please right click in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader window that you're using and select Properties. In the Properties menu, set the ATM Strategy Selection Mode property to 'KeepSelectedATMStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission' then click OK.

After making this change, please try placing a few orders in the Sim101 account and let me know if any other questions come up.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello futuretrader8,

Thank you for your post.

I believe that changing the ATM Strategy Selection Mode in the order entry window you're using would cause things to work as you've outlined. Please right click in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader window that you're using and select Properties. In the Properties menu, set the ATM Strategy Selection Mode property to 'KeepSelectedATMStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission' then click OK.

After making this change, please try placing a few orders in the Sim101 account and let me know if any other questions come up.
      thanks for the reply, based on NT chart trader demo video, KeepSelectedATMStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission will result in separate profit target for each order:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT8mGMdF-vo
      so it's not a solution.

Comment

Hello,

To clarify then you wish to automatically modify the existing target?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hello,

To clarify then you wish to automatically modify the existing target?
          yes, i wish automatically modify the existing target of total holding to fixed ticks rather than fixed price, the targeted ticks are defined in ATM strategy, in the process of scale up.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately, this is not possible using ATM Strategies as they exist currently however I will forward the suggestion to our development staff for further consideration.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Conceptzx, 10-11-2022, 06:38 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PhillT
            by PhillT

Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            0 responses