List of stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of stocks

good aftrenoon, (scuse for my english, it's not my language)
    I have an NT on my computer and I added manualy many stocks in the data base.
    I have another NT on a vps whose turn for test stratégie and I would want to add my stocks list (this I have on my computer).
    How do I do for this please? Is there a file I can copy and paste? If yes, what file and where is it please?
    Or better, is it possible to download the totality stock list of a market?

Thank's for your answer.

Hello,

The stock lists are saved in your database file. There is not a way to extract only the list, so you will need to transfer the entire file.

You can make a backup of this file by going to File--> Utilities--> Backup and select only "Database file".

You can then move that file to your second computer and restore it by going to File--> Utilities--> Restore
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by neo-13 View Post
      good aftrenoon, (scuse for my english, it's not my language)
      I have an NT on my computer and I added manualy many stocks in the data base.
      I have another NT on a vps whose turn for test stratégie and I would want to add my stocks list (this I have on my computer).
      How do I do for this please? Is there a file I can copy and paste? If yes, what file and where is it please?
      Or better, is it possible to download the totality stock list of a market?

Thank's for your answer.
      You have to do it manually if you want to get just the stocks.
      1. Open the Instrument Manager.
      2. Change the Type to Stock.
      3. Click on Search. This should list all the stocks in the database.
      4. Right-click in the grid window, and using the popup menu, export to Excel. (Or just hit Ctrl+m while the grid has focus). This will export the whole grid as text to whatever you are using to handle xls documents. I am using OpenOffice.
      5. You now have a spreadsheet with the list of stocks in "column A". Getting that list out is a matter of using your spreadsheet skills. Essentially, copy the column, and paste into Notepad.
      6. You can then import your newly created text file into your other NT installation by using the utility menu on the Control Center. File-->Utilities-->Import Stock Symbol List...

Comment

Thank you so much at all !!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response