Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot 2nd timeframe

Hello
    I searched now the help and the forum, but could not figure out how to solve my problem, which seems to be simple.
    I have a strategy using DJIA as instrument for example (daily bars). Now I want to add also DJIA weekly, I do this as follows:
    Add(PeriodType.Week, 1);

So far so good (=no error).

Now I would like that the closes of the weekly time series are also plotted in the chart (of the strategy analyzer). additionally I also want to plot e.g. SMA of the weekly data series. This does not work. Also, when trying to add an indicator in the Chart-Window (of the strategy analyzer), I am only offered the daily series.

Do you have any suggestions?

thanks

Hello,

This is currently not possible with the Strategy analyzer but you could do this with a regular chart and still get the performance results.

I will forward this suggestion to development and get back to you when it has been logged.

To do this with a chart, first create a new chart with both the weekly/daily data series on it. You can then manually add the weekly SMA. Enable the strategy onto the chart. Right click the chart -> Strategy Performance -> your strategy -> Historical

You will have a window that opens up similar to what you would have in the Strategy Analyzer.

Please also ensure you use the correct templates for each data series. When multi series scripts are run on a chart that has the data series manually added it will then use the template used within the chart instead of defaulting to the primary series's template.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Request has been logged and assigned to ticket #1951
      LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
      3 responses
      1 like
      Last Post PaulMohn