Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Analyser appears to not be seeing any daily input O-H-L-C price data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyser appears to not be seeing any daily input O-H-L-C price data?

I downloaded NT 2 days ago and am now trying to learn how to run the Strategy Analyser. I have been following the youtube video "Getting Started Backtesting". However, it appears [I’m not sure] that the Strategy Analyser is not seeing any daily input O-H-L-C price data.

I think I am telling it to use Forex euro_dollar/US_dollar EOD data that I think is automatically available to me by me checking that security in the appropriate Strategy Analyser control panel. I also tried the "ES 06-13" contract as was done in the youtube video.

Must I subscribe to anything to make things work?

Hello,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

Are you connecting to a data provider before running the strategy analyzer? If not, please make sure you have at least connected to Kinetick End of Day (Free) from the File--> Connect menu.

This should download the appropriate EOD data for your backtests to run.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Is the ‘Connect Menu’ in the Strategy Analyser

Thanks for the warm welcome Matthew. Really glad you forum guys are out there . Is the ‘Connect Menu’ in the Strategy Analyser or somewhere else? Haven’t found it yet but will keep looking while waiting for a reply.

Comment

found the answer to my question i think maybe

found the following link about the connection menu. I think it answers my question.
        I will check in tomorrow after I have played around with it.

http://www.investopedia.com/university/how-to-use-ninjatrader-trading-software/ninja-trader2.asp

Comment

Joe, the connect menu is the File pull down menu in the Control Center.
          File>>Connect>>Kinetick will get you connected.

When you backtest, first click on the instrument on the left side of the window, then hover cursor over backtest tab. If you forget to select instrument first, then inside the backtest window you will see a selection for the data series, change it there. Also be aware that the beginning and ending time frames in the backtest properties window is very small, you have to change the beginning date to get any amount of historical data tested. Finally, at the top of the backtest properties window make sure you have the correct strategy selected.

I wish the strategy analyzer would maintain the indicators in the chart between tests.

Comment

Many thanks GD74. Once again, you Forum folks are a super resource

Many thanks GD74. Once again, you Forum folks are a super resource. I think my NT learning curve slope has now swung positive.... & so far NT Strategy Analyzer looks pretty powerful.

I am going to try to discover how to mark this thread solved. However, I think I saw that it will be marked 'solved' after ten days of inactivity?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888