Weird Connection Problem with IB Gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Connection Problem with IB Gateway

Hi I'm connecting Ninjatrader to IB Gateway.
    I can eventually connect to IB Gateway, after a painful and weird process however.
    Every time I log into IB Gateway, then open NT7 and select connect to IB Gateway, it automatically opens up IB TWS first then I have to enter user name and password and passcode to log into IB TWS (meanwhile, IB Gateway kick me out as IB only allow 1 active connection at a time). Then IB Gateway will ask me to reconnect by re-enter the passcode.
    Then I enter again the passcode, NT7's IB Gateway's connection then established. Then I need to close IB TWS.

Any idea why this is happening? Is there anyway that I can fix this problem?
    Thx!

BTW, I have IB Advisor account. Sometimes I have IB Gateway connection established with NT7, however, NT7 doesn't update all account's balance and position. Why? Is there anyway I can let NT7 refresh account balance? Thx!

When I say NT7 doesn't update all accounts' balance and position, I mean it doesn't show some of account's balance and position AT ALL. Those fields are just left blank....

Comment

Hello kelvin2088,

Thank you for your post.

Which version of NinjaTrader are you using? (Help > About)

Which build of Interactive Brokers TWS are you using? (Help > About Trader Workstation)
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT 64-bit 7.0.1000.12

IB Gateway:
        Build 935.3, Jan 17, 2013 6:32:55 PM Jolt Build 1.2.1, Jun 7, 2012 05:22:01 PM Nia Build 1.11.1, Jun 7, 2012 05:23:19 PM ModelNav Build 1.1.45, Nov 16, 2012 04:24:03 PM

IB TWS:
        Build 935.3, Jan 17, 2013 6:32:55 PM Jolt Build 1.2.1, Jun 7, 2012 05:22:01 PM Nia Build 1.11.1, Jun 7, 2012 05:23:19 PM ModelNav Build 1.1.45, Nov 16, 2012 04:24:03 PM

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
        Hello kelvin2088,

Thank you for your post.

Which version of NinjaTrader are you using? (Help > About)

Which build of Interactive Brokers TWS are you using? (Help > About Trader Workstation)

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

With the current 7.0.1000.12 release of NinjaTrader we recommend using the 927.7 build of TWS. Please shut down NinjaTrader and TWS then install the 927.7 build via this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tall_927_7.exe

After installing, please restart and try the connection again.

Comment

Hi Kyle,
            I re-installed IB but NT's doing the samething to me....

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
            Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

With the current 7.0.1000.12 release of NinjaTrader we recommend using the 927.7 build of TWS. Please shut down NinjaTrader and TWS then install the 927.7 build via this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tall_927_7.exe

After installing, please restart and try the connection again.

Comment

Hello,

To be clear - you cannot use the gateway, you must use stand alone TWS build 927.7 for the connection. Do you experience the same behavior when using only this software?

Comment

stand alone is fine regardless of versions
                i used gateway with no problem however this week it just didn't refresh some of my acct balances.
                weird...

Comment

Kelvin:

Pardon me if I barge in to the conversation, but I too have an advisor account and run TWS Build 927.7 as suggested and connect just fine. There is no need to have a Gateway, the TWS API works just fine.

Before using 927.7, I used to have a problem that one of my 5 accounts would show the proper account information sporadically -- usually late at night. Upon moving up to 927.7, that problem went away.
                  Last edited by SteveR; 04-09-2013, 10:37 PM. Reason: Additional Information added

Comment

Hi steve,
                    Thx for the tip.
                    Actually I have no problem with using just TWS. But for gateway, I'm having the problem of missing acct info occasionally. So this made the situation weird.

Originally posted by SteveR View Post
                    Kelvin:

Pardon me if I barge in to the conversation, but I too have an advisor account and run TWS Build 927.7 as suggested and connect just fine. There is no need to have a Gateway, the TWS API works just fine.

Before using 927.7, I used to have a problem that one of my 5 accounts would show the proper account information sporadically -- usually late at night. Upon moving up to 927.7, that problem went away.

Comment

Originally posted by kelvin2088 View Post
                      Hi I'm connecting Ninjatrader to IB Gateway.
                      I can eventually connect to IB Gateway, after a painful and weird process however.
                      Every time I log into IB Gateway, then open NT7 and select connect to IB Gateway, it automatically opens up IB TWS first then I have to enter user name and password and passcode to log into IB TWS (meanwhile, IB Gateway kick me out as IB only allow 1 active connection at a time). Then IB Gateway will ask me to reconnect by re-enter the passcode.
                      Then I enter again the passcode, NT7's IB Gateway's connection then established. Then I need to close IB TWS.

Any idea why this is happening? Is there anyway that I can fix this problem?
                      Thx!

BTW, I have IB Advisor account. Sometimes I have IB Gateway connection established with NT7, however, NT7 doesn't update all account's balance and position. Why? Is there anyway I can let NT7 refresh account balance? Thx!
                      Hi, I am having the same issues. Have you figured out why it was doing that? Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                      Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
                      10 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH