Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esignal Level 2 Data Connection Problem

Hello

I have bought level 2 data of Esignal for US Treasuries. Everything works fine on Esignal V11 Trading program, I can see the data on the DOM and everything works fine. I rang them and they said I really do have level 2 data so I definitely do.

I am trying to use Ninjatrader now with Esignals Data so I can use the Jigsaw DOM plugin.

Problem is that the Super DOM on ninja trader doesn't appear to be working properly. Below is the image. It only shows the print that's it. I have my XT trader DOM in the image just to show you what the Ninja trader DOM should be showing.

http://postimg.org/image/u5d1kckzz/

Here are my settings for esignal connection.

http://postimg.org/image/3n6ix3nz7/

My question is: What can I do to get the DOM showing properly with all the bids offers and ect?

The charts work fine and time and sales is showing up fine too.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Last edited by drknoba01; 04-01-2013, 02:51 AM.

Hello drknoba01,

Can you please right click in the SuperDOM and select Properties. Set 'Show market depth' to True and click Ok. Do you now receive Level II data in the SuperDOM?

You mention eSignal 11. Please note that NinjaTrader requires eSignal 10.6 as per the eSignal connection guide below. If the issue remains, please install eSignal 10.6 and check if this will make a difference.

You can download eSignal 10.6 from the following link.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Now that's what I call customer service.

Thanks.

I did that and it was already set to TRUE. I also have Esignal 10.6 installed.

Below is the properties on my DOM.

I still have the problem.

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can further investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach them in your email and send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Esignal Level 2 Data Connection Problem' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20130401 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20130401 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

Hi I just sent it then. Thanks heaps.

Comment

ISSUE SOLVED.

The problem is with Esignal.

Esignals level 2 data doesn't show up on Ninja trader properly. It only shows the bids and offers 1 level deep.

I rang Esignal up and they don't know how to help.

I cancelled my subscription with them and I am now using Kinetic data and it all works fine.

Comment

Hi. I still have the same issue. And solution from drknoba01 is not suitable for me. I want to use specific data that only eSignal have. I use NT 7.0.1000.25.

Level 2 data is not displayed correct with eSignal connection. For example ES #F (ES NT mapping) has only 5 levels in NT. Other example SI Z4-MOF (SI|MOF NT mapping) does not have level 2 data at all. eSignal application works fine.

From the other hand you recommend to use eSignal 10.6. It is not supported by developers about 5 years or so.

So will you fix this issue? Or eSignal data feed support is stopped?

Comment

Hello aidan1387,

Unfortunately the SuperDOM is limited to only 5 levels of market depth data. Do you see additional levels in a Level 2 window? You can open a Level 2 window at Control Center-->File-->New.

I am not familiar with SI|MOF. Can you please tell me what futures contract is this?

We do not recommend to use eSignal 10.6.2124. It is mandatory to connect to eSignal in NinjaTrader. You can download and install it from the eSignal connection guide below.

eSignal is still a supported data feed provider.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hello aidan1387,

Unfortunately the SuperDOM is limited to only 5 levels of market depth data. Do you see additional levels in a Level 2 window? You can open a Level 2 window at Control Center-->File-->New.

I am not familiar with SI|MOF. Can you please tell me what futures contract is this?

We do not recommend to use eSignal 10.6.2124. It is mandatory to connect to eSignal in NinjaTrader. You can download and install it from the eSignal connection guide below.

eSignal is still a supported data feed provider.
                  Thanks for fast response. I use level 2 window. First data update shows to me more than 5 levels (about 7-8) on ES. But after a few seconds they disappear and I have only 5.

SI|MOF is US dollar-ruble futures. This is Moscow exchange. Current 12.14 symbol in eSignal is SI Z4-MOF. I want to notice that NT shows level 1 data correct. And with level 1 data all works fine. I like your program.

About 10.6 it is a bit strange for me... I understand that NT by design must have eSignal 10.6 but eSignal does not recommend 10.6 for their data feed anymore.
                  Last edited by aidan1387; 09-30-2014, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

I cannot find the MOF exchange in the eSignal symbol guide. Do you know what exchange this represents?

Do you receive more levels of market depth data if you select the ES 12-14 instead of the ES ##-##?

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

I cannot find the MOF exchange in the eSignal symbol guide. Do you know what exchange this represents?

Do you receive more levels of market depth data if you select the ES 12-14 instead of the ES ##-##?
                      Hm, here http://quotes.esignal.com/esignalpro...G1QEpZaLYVhgJu I found SI Z4-MOF. MOF is Moscow exchange.

I use ES 12-14 as described in NT symbol mapping guide.

Comment

Unfortunately our eSignal connection does not include this instrument. Can you please send me your eSignal username and password, so I can test your connection on my end. Please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and put 'Att, Esignal Level 2 Data Connection Problem' in the subject header.

Comment

Unfortunately our eSignal connection does not include this instrument. Can you please send me your eSignal username and password, so I can test your connection on my end. Please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and put 'Att, Esignal Level 2 Data Connection Problem' in the subject header.
                          Thank you for support and clarification. Unfortunately I can not provide my eSignal credentials because of corporative policy. In automation I use only level 1 data. So for market depth I try to find temporary 3rd party solution. I saw many treads here about receiving level 2 data problems via eSignal connection. So I do not believe that it can be resolved for 1-2 days. I hope that you continue improving integration with eSginal data feed in the future.
                          Last edited by aidan1387; 09-30-2014, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drknoba01 View Post
                            Hello

I have bought level 2 data of Esignal for US Treasuries. Everything works fine on Esignal V11 Trading program, I can see the data on the DOM and everything works fine. I rang them and they said I really do have level 2 data so I definitely do.

I am trying to use Ninjatrader now with Esignals Data so I can use the Jigsaw DOM plugin.

Problem is that the Super DOM on ninja trader doesn't appear to be working properly. Below is the image. It only shows the print that's it. I have my XT trader DOM in the image just to show you what the Ninja trader DOM should be showing.

Here are my settings for esignal connection.

My question is: What can I do to get the DOM showing properly with all the bids offers and ect?

The charts work fine and time and sales is showing up fine too.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Three years on I appear to be having a similar problem to drknoba01. I have subscribed to a data only option with eSignal but have installed the full eSignal program as described below.

I am using a fresh install of NinjaTrader 7 release 31 and eSignal 10.6.2124 as recommended by NinjaTrader. The same problem also occurs with eSignal 10.6.4063 as recommended by eSignal. I am able to succesfully chart the Osaka Nikkei emini (JNM 06-16) but the DOM does not populate with Level 1 or II data. Similarly the Level II data is not visible using Jigsaw's tools. My connection setting are the same as those of drknoba01 in that the level II server is enabled. I have contacted eSignal and they have confirmed my level II is enabled.

The full eSignal program will not load as I haven't subscribed to its use but the data manager part opens and connects rapidly when I connect via NinjaTrader.

Any suggestion as to the cause of the problem? Could it be that subscribing to a data only option is a potential problem.

Comment

FMtrader,
                              Can you please check the settings on your SuperDOM to ensure that the Market Depth setting is enabled Can you please right click in the SuperDOM and select Properties. Set 'Show market depth' to True and click Ok. Do you now receive Level II data in the SuperDOM?

If the setting is already set and you receive the same result please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.
                              You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
                              Please reference the following URL in the email body:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post chbruno