Simulated LIMIT orders for NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulated LIMIT orders for NT8

Hello everyone , I was wondering how many of you are interested in having the ability to hide your Limit orders from your broker’s servers? Much like how it’s currently done with simulated Stop Loss orders within NT7 platform. One of the main reasons I think this feature is a priceless tool for traders is that your broker would not be able to sell your order flow . I am sure you can think of many other reasons for having such an essential tool so let’s hear your voice so hopefully NT’s development team can incorporate this feature in the upcoming NT8 release.

Hello,

Thank you for your post and suggestion. I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by yellowTrader View Post
      Hello everyone , I was wondering how many of you are interested in having the ability to hide your Limit orders from your broker’s servers? Much like how it’s currently done with simulated Stop Loss orders within NT7 platform. One of the main reasons I think this feature is a priceless tool for traders is that your broker would not be able to sell your order flow . I am sure you can think of many other reasons for having such an essential tool so let’s hear your voice so hopefully NT’s development team can incorporate this feature in the upcoming NT8 release.
      If one is willing to accept the slippage, how is that any different from using Market Orders? If one is unwilling to accept the slippage, how is that any different from placing a Limit Order or Stop Order when the entry price is hit?

Comment

Koganam, Maybe you would like to be glued to your monitor till price is reached to place a Limit Order or Stop Order but that would be a little hard for some of us to do. However there are other advantages to having simulated Limit Orders i.e. within ATM strategies. This tool is not for everyone due to the slippage issue which you mentioned or when there are internet connection issues but for someone who is willing to accept its' pros and cons it would be a useful tool to have.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowTrader View Post
          ... till price is reached to place a Limit Order or Stop Order but that would be a little hard for some of us to do.
          You are quite right there. I should have remembered that not everyone is a daytrader.

However there are other advantages to having simulated Limit Orders i.e. within ATM strategies. This tool is not for everyone due to the slippage issue which you mentioned or when there are internet connection issues but for someone who is willing to accept its' pros and cons it would be a useful tool to have.
          How about simulated StopLimit orders, which we can place right now, using the DOM and ATM strategies?

Comment

This request has been submitted to our development team and has been assigned ID #2310 for tracking.

Thanks again for your suggestion and please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Christopher, Thank you for providing the tracking number.
              Can you explain how I can track it please?

Comment

You're welcome yellowTrader. For updates on a feature request please send an email to [email protected] with the tracking ID number included and a brief description so we can verify with development on the status of the request.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
                1 response
                0 likes