Difficult Dragging Stop Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficult Dragging Stop Orders

A couple of days ago I started having difficulty moving (dragging and dropping) stop orders in Chart Trader. I remember having this problem some time ago and it seemed to resolve itself over time. What happens is that I left mouse click to grab the line and start to drag it, but the line stays or snaps back to it's original location. Sometimes if I keep trying I'll eventually be able to move it to the desired location but usually I have to just cancel it and place a new order. Can someone please troubleshoot this for me?

Best Regards
    Chuck

Hello Chuck,

Thank you for your post.

Moving Orders in the Chart Trader is not drag and drop. You must click once on the order and then click at the new level, drag and drop will not work.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello Chuck,

Thank you for your post.

Moving Orders in the Chart Trader is not drag and drop. You must click once on the order and then click at the new level, drag and drop will not work.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
      Hello Patrick. I've tried it both ways and I continue to have the problem. I left click, release the left button and then click when I'm at the desired price level but the stop order either does not move or it snaps back to it's original location.

Best Regards

Comment

Hello Chuck,

Thank you for your response.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please put 'ATTN: Patrick - 819865' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=56927

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Originally posted by maxreturn View Post
          Hello Patrick. I've tried it both ways and I continue to have the problem. I left click, release the left button and then click when I'm at the desired price level but the stop order either does not move or it snaps back to it's original location.

Best Regards
          Was the order that you are trying to move placed by a Strategy, or manually?

Comment

Originally posted by maxreturn View Post

Best Regards
            What Windows version are you using? And is it 32/64 bit?

Does this also happen in Market Replay?

I'm having no luck in querying here the suggested method to record the issues on a video for playback.... I've done it before within the last year for something I was *****ing about...

Hmmm... Ted P is calling...

found something:

screencast.com

I can't find what I posted.....doubt it was screencast at this moment... all i know is I didn't have to download anything...and it worked with windows xp 32bit.. lol

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post junkone
            by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            12 responses
            0 likes