Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy test

Hello,

i want to ask if NT has the possibility to run 2 or more strategy tests at once? Say i have one strat that goes long if RSI is 2 bars below some value. Now, i would like to add contracts if RSI at third bar is still below this value, but would like NT to keep both entries and exit all on the same exit as the first contract. IOW would like to have in summary test results all of these entries summed up together.

Thanks.

Also, maybe a stupid question, but how do you Save As the Strategy?

Comment

bagzi, yes you could work with multiple signals from one strategy script and thus combine results for different conditions, here's an example - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3225

Do you mean how to copy a wizard created strategy to a new file so you make modifications without changing your original file? This could be done by using the 'view code' button and then right clicking into the code and choosing 'Save as' > enter a new name then and open this script now in your wizard interface.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, so far this seems to be working fine.

Now, if i want to setup an alert when this trigger hits, how do i do that? Can i somehow activat this strat to run in Market Analyzer and filter all the instrument where the strategy trigger hits?

Comment

I think i got some idea on how Mkt Analyzer works, but... Say i want to add alert on when price is above or below SMA, how do i do that? I can set alert when SMA hits some number, but how to compare its value with the Last traded price?

Comment

Hi bagzi, you could unfortunately not do that directly in the MA - you would need to create an indicator that would be monitoring for this condition and then you could run this indicator in the MA go generate an alert for example. Our next major update will facilitate this process.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
            1 response
            0 likes