Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Arrows for entry and exit on the chart are displaced.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrows for entry and exit on the chart are displaced.

I am trading with the charttrader. But after I got an execution for my order, the arrow which shows me where my order was, is very far away from my original entry point.

Hello Ironman9973,

Please be aware that orders fill as per the bid or ask price, while charts plot the last traded price by default. You must have received a bid or ask price at that price for the order to be executed that way.

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Set 'Price based on' to Ask or Bid and check if you see a price that justifies the execution.

Your data feed needs to support historical bid or ask data for the chart to load data. See the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is displaced to the left or right on the chart. If I have an execution the arrow is shown ten bars to the left or right. So if I would have the order on a totally different place.

Comment

Can you please proceed as follows. Shut down NinjaTrader and synch your PC clock.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.

Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Subsequently go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder.

Start NinjaTrader and check if the arrow is plotted at the correct location.

Comment

Thank you it works now. How often shoult I delete the folder cache?

Comment

Good to hear it works.

Please delete the folder only when instructed or if the issue recurs.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes