Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are the bars date-stamped?

Hi,

I've finally been paying attention to the dates / times of the executions of certain trades in live charts and it seems that the bars are date stamped in this way:

A 30min bar that opens at 8:30am and closes at 9am is being date-stamped as a 9am bar.

So when I want to see what happened at market open, in other charting software I am used to looking for the bar that is stamped 9:30 and seeing what it said at open. However I think in these charts I would need to look at the bar stamped as 10am's open to see the 9:30 am opening price.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct? If so is there a way to change the way the date-stamping is done so that the bar's opening time is the stamp it gets vs its closing time?

** EDIT: I just found and read the help file on How Bars Are Built and I see that the time stamping is a product of my computer's local time setting, so I see that it could change the shape of the bars based on that between a live chart and a reloaded chart, however it still leaves the question about whether a bar can be time-stamped as its opening time and not its closing time
    Last edited by RunnrX; 04-05-2013, 11:44 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Within NinjaTrader bars are time stamped based off the close as opposed to the open and there is not currently an option to change this to be based on the open.

We have assigned this feature request ID #1240 in our tracking system.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
    Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes