Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Connections

Hi,

I'm not too happy with IB data feed and plan to try Barchart data connection and will use IB only for order execution as it is my account provider. I wanna make sure I setup connections correctly.

So please correct me if I'm wrong.
    1. Setup Barchart connection and use it as a Primary conection, connect to it first.
    2. Setup IB connection, disable IB Historical data servers. Use it as Secondary data connection, connect to it second.

The goal is to get all live and historical data from Primary connection and use IB for order execution only. I still have to be connected to IB as a second connection for that, correct? What about Strategy connection in this case. Which one has to be set there?

As long as you are connecting to BarChart as primary, there is no need to disable historical data on IB.

The Primary connection will always be used for real-time and historicla data if that asset type is supported.

Since BarChart and IB support all asset types, all of your data will come BarChart should it be connected first.

More on this topic - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

NinjaTrader_Matthew,

1. Do I have to be still connected to IB as a second connection to execute orders on my IB account?
      2. What connection is to be used in Strategy setup tab? Or It'll be Barchart, I wont' be able to choose?

Comment

1. Yes, you need to be connected to your IB connection for the IB account to be available for trading. If you were only connected to BarChart, you'd only be able to trade on the Sim101 account.

2. It will display the connection name for the account used. This connection name is not where the data is being used from, it's the connection that the account is being traded from.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

NinjaTrader_Matthew, got it. Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
          Started by funk10101, Yesterday, 09:43 PM