Market replay download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market replay download

When I go to File-Utilities-Download Replay Data and pick any instrument, it always says, "Error downloading replay data: Connection to data server is busy or not available right now. Please try again later".

I do not have Tools-Options-Record for market replay checked (I tried checking it and it gives an error that it must be unchecked). I also have no connections enabled (I also tried with data connections). There is also no information recorded in the log. It is clear it is immediately coming back with the error.

Hi tradetree,

Thank you for your post.

I find that this error can typically be overcome by restarting the PC, modem and router. If you encounter the same error after restarting these components could you please tell me which instrument/date you're trying to download?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,
      Yes I was able to get past this problem with a restart, but it is disturbing as there are so many things that I now have to do to get NT to work. It is basically very inconsistent. I have been using NT for several years now and it seems to get more unstable. I have another more pressing issue that I found using the market replay that I will focus on. Thanks for the help.
      Also, how do you download more than one day at a time? If I go to a day in the past it only downloads that one day in the past. If I download today, it will only download today. So I basically have to download every day I need one at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by tradetree View Post
        Kyle,
        Yes I was able to get past this problem with a restart, but it is disturbing as there are so many things that I now have to do to get NT to work. It is basically very inconsistent. I have been using NT for several years now and it seems to get more unstable. I have another more pressing issue that I found using the market replay that I will focus on. Thanks for the help.
        Also, how do you download more than one day at a time? If I go to a day in the past it only downloads that one day in the past. If I download today, it will only download today. So I basically have to download every day I need one at a time?
        I've had rejections when I've had NT opened up for weeks without restarting...

I started a multi day automated downloader, but was unable to determine when NT was finished downloading.

Comment

Hello,

In the current release of NinjaTrader all replay data downloads must take place on a day-by-day basis. The ability to download multiple days is something development is looking in to adding support for in the future however.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,
            Thanks. I guess the other thing I've found is that market replay keeps removing my strategies from my charts. It is also intermittent, but still quite frequent. In other words no matter even if I save the workspace, periodically using market replay connections the strategies disappear and I have to reenter them. At first I thought maybe when I disconnected from market replay that all strategies using market replay would go away, but that is not the case. Many still say "replay 101" and are still on the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by tradetree View Post
              Kyle,
              Thanks. I guess the other thing I've found is that market replay keeps removing my strategies from my charts. It is also intermittent, but still quite frequent. In other words no matter even if I save the workspace, periodically using market replay connections the strategies disappear and I have to reenter them. At first I thought maybe when I disconnected from market replay that all strategies using market replay would go away, but that is not the case. Many still say "replay 101" and are still on the chart.
              I've noticed this - but only because I'm making changes to my strategies that things get "messed up"...and removed, and I have to re-add....

If you're not changing code - then that's a little extreme...

Comment

Hello tradetree,

Strategies will disappear if you re-connect to the Market Replay. So if you are connected to the Market Replay, you can disconnect and connect to a different feed. The strategy will remain displayed. If you now disconnect the different feed and re-connect to the Market Replay connection, the strategy will disappear.

You can save strategy settings, so you do not have to re-enter each setting. Please right click in the grid with the strategy options and select 'Set Default For *strategy name*'.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So is this the desired behavior, or just a fact that we have to live with? It is certainly not my desired behavior.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hello tradetree,

Strategies will disappear if you re-connect to the Market Replay. So if you are connected to the Market Replay, you can disconnect and connect to a different feed. The strategy will remain displayed. If you now disconnect the different feed and re-connect to the Market Replay connection, the strategy will disappear.

You can save strategy settings, so you do not have to re-enter each setting. Please right click in the grid with the strategy options and select 'Set Default For *strategy name*'.

Comment

I will forward the suggestion to have the strategies remain in such a situation to development.

Comment

The suggestion is listed on our list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to ID# 274.

Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

The suggestion is listed on our list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to ID# 274.

Thank you for your feedback.
                        Jason,

Nearly five years have passed since your last post, but this is still an issue I experience nearly every day and it's mighty frustrating. I am testing a system containing 30 charts with 12 strategies and I have not found any way to avoid manually re-opening every strategy whenever I switch to Market Replay for testing.

Did Issue 274 ever make it up the list for attention? What is the equivalent situation in NT8? I will be running NT7 for quite some time into the future because I utilize 3rd-party strategies that have not yet been released for NT8. So as far as I'm concerned, Issue 274 cannot be disposed of just because NT8 may exhibit a different behavior. I need it fixed in NT7.

Please give me an update on Issue 274 and/or some advice on how I can avoid a half-hour of wasted time every time I need to do some Replay testing of my system.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello gdstuart,

The strategy remains present in the Control Center-->Strategies-tab when you connect to the Playback connection in NinjaTrader 8. Unfortunately it is not fixed for NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Hello gdstuart,

The strategy remains present in the Control Center-->Strategies-tab when you connect to the Playback connection in NinjaTrader 8. Unfortunately it is not fixed for NinjaTrader 7.
                            What are the chances that it will be fixed in NT7?

Comment

I will forward the suggestion to have it fixed in NinjaTrader 7 to development. I do not think chances are high as it was fixed in NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                              19 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Radano
                              by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                              0 responses