Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninjatrader slow

hi,
    i was 1 week in Holiday and now i am back at my trading Computer and everything related to ninjatrader is really slow. charting and trade excecution. i checked everything and my fast trading pc is working normal but nt is slow what could this be. i even made a new Installation of ninjatrader.

Hello avirex56,

You can experience slow and unresponsive behavior in NinjaTrader if you have many charts, indicators and other windows opened depending on market volatility as well.

The 'Calculate on bar close' setting for indicators can be important. If set to False, the indicator will be calculated on each incoming tick. During high volatility this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator makes complicated calculations. Please set it to True in the Indicator menu and the indicator will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

If you have workspaces opened in the background which you do not use, we suggest to close such workspaces. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Please select a workspace without the checkmark. Subsequently, go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this procedure until only 1 workspace is opened. More tips and suggestions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader can be found at the link below.

Could it be NinjaTrader is initially slower because it needs to load a week of missing data?

Were there any changes in NinjaTrader or your computer. Perhaps you installed new indicators?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      no i made no changes. i changed nothing and even with one Workspace and only one Chart with no indicators nt is slow!

Comment

Hello avirex56,

Can you please send me your log and trace files for today. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach them in your email and send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, ninjatrader slow' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20130409 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20130409 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Tim-c
        by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
        0 responses