Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared series between indicators

Hello

I am using 2 indicators, the second one using a dataseries which is generated by the former.

In the second one i have inserted the instruction "Myfirstindic().Serie1" to retrieve the values

But as we can filled in (between the brackets) some parameters which could potentially differs from used by the indicator one plotted on the chart, i am thinking that the second indicator is accessing a second instance of the first indicator and not the one which is plotted.

Am I right ?

If so this way of working could lead to performance issue, is there any other way of doing it?.

Many thanks in advance

Lionel

Hello,

When calling different indicators from within a script it will create a new instance and there is not a supported way to have indicator A access values from another script that is actively running.

You could have indicator A create an instance of indicator B and then obtain values from that instance.

An example of this can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4991

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance or clarify any of this.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DynamicTest  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes