Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick vs FXCM

Hello,

I plan to start trading live using NT with FXCM, but since there seems to be a problem with FXCM's backfill I'd be willing to pay for Kinetick so I can use their historical data. My question is: will NT be able to use FCXM live data and backfill it with the comprehensive Kinetick data? In other words, is NT able to cope with both providers' data at the same time and complete one anothers' gaps?

Any comments on ditching FXCM data altogether and sticking with Kinetick even for live data? In this scenario I'd be just using FXCM for taking orders. Is there a problem of lag or different data due to different liquidity providers in each data feed?

Thanks a lot.

Yours
    Eduardo

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for your note.

It would be possible to use live FXCM data and historical data from Kinetick.

First, you'll want to disable historical data for your FXCM connection:
    Open the Account Connections menu (Tools > Account Connections), select your FXCM connection then click Change.
    In the Connection wizard, click next until you find the page where historical data is set. Turn historical data off for this connection then click through the remainder of the screens in the wizard to apply the change.

Once this change has been made, connect first to FXCM then to Kinetick to ensure that all real-time data originates with FXCM. More information about using multiple connections with NinjaTrader can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, why is it not possible to use Kinetick also live and historical data at the same time and only broker FXCM connection to send the orders? It seems to be a problem, when FXCM is not live connection?

Regards Chris

Comment

Hello Chris,

It is possible to use Kinetick for live and historical data and have FXCM connected second for order placement.

For this specific case, connect Kinetick first then FXCM

CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How is your experience with kinetick in the forex market to use 4 digits currency pairs which is the standard configuration in ninja trader or is the better to use 5 digits setting for forex in ninja trader when you want to trade on tick basis?

Regards Chris

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rjbtrade1, 11-30-2023, 04:38 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DavidHP
          by DavidHP

Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
          3 responses