Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No FTSE Data with Zen-Fire

Hello

As of this morning, I'm not getting any data for the FTSE (Z 06-13) contract.
    I'm on Zen-Fire with Mirus.

Thanks

Hello laocoon,

I am able to reproduce the issue on my end. There is no historical data for today. I will forward a report to our server team. Once there is news regarding the matter, I will let you know.

Thank you for reporting.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply Jason.
      This happened a few weeks back with the DAX (just after 0900 AM CET), and we had to wait until mid-afternoon before the feed worked again because of the time difference between Europe and the US.

Today, it's exactly the same thing with the FTSE. It is one thing to have a data feed problem, but it is simply not acceptable if you're having to wait for up to 8 hours before it is running again. The guys at Zen-Fire really need to address this issue with a high priority. I know of no other data feed provider (and I've been with a few) where an outage takes that long (up to a full day) to fix.

Comment

Hello laocoon,

I have been informed by Zen-Fire that the following three exchanges are not supported anymore by them. They will send a message to customers that have traded markets on these exchanges the last few months for clarification.

Matif
        NLX
        Nyse Liffe
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason

Thanks for your reply.
          This is really quite unbelievable and totally unprofessional of them, for three reasons:
          -First, they should have informed their customers well in advance, so that they have enough time to look for other options if they want to keep trading these markets
          -Second, did they think for one second about traders with overnight positions in these markets?
          -Third, the FTSE is the biggest and most liquid Index Futures contract in Europe, how can they possibly stop supporting this product?

I'm shocked.

Comment

I am also not getting historical and live data from zenfire for Mini Gold (YG 06-13) today. Is this the same issue?

Comment

Originally posted by laocoon View Post
              Hi Jason

Thanks for your reply.
              This is really quite unbelievable and totally unprofessional of them, for three reasons:
              -First, they should have informed their customers well in advance, so that they have enough time to look for other options if they want to keep trading these markets
              -Second, did they think for one second about traders with overnight positions in these markets?
              -Third, the FTSE is the biggest and most liquid Index Futures contract in Europe, how can they possibly stop supporting this product?

I'm shocked.
              This should have been communicated via email from Mirus as with information from the following link:

NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by Softturbo View Post
                I am also not getting historical and live data from zenfire for Mini Gold (YG 06-13) today. Is this the same issue?
                If you're using Zen-Fire, that would also be affected as it is a LIFFE product.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                  This should have been communicated via email from Mirus as with information from the following link:

https://www.mirusfutures.com/emails/..._April2013.htm
                  Thanks for the link Matthew. This is interesting because I didn't receive this email, although I'm a Mirus customer. What's more, it's really quite cynical to call this an "enhanced offering"!
                  It's nothing else than a major blow to all customers trading European products, mainly the FTSE. This move illustrates the fact that Mirus / Zen-Fire is a US-centric business, as a true international broker would never have stopped supporting a product like the FTSE.
                  I'm obviously speaking only for myself, but this will make me switch brokers rather sooner than later, back to IB.
                  Last edited by laocoon; 04-12-2013, 02:18 AM.

Comment

shocking

I am utterly disgusted by this and will have to change broker from mirus and zen fire.

I always suspected they cared little about Europe.

Comment

Anyone know a good broker for trading FTSE and DAX futures through Ninja?

Comment

Originally posted by dave1992 View Post
                        Anyone know a good broker for trading FTSE and DAX futures through Ninja?
                        Hi dave 1992,

I sure feel your pain.
                        I've tested a few brokers and in the end I always kept coming back to IB (Interactive Brokers).
                        They have by far the broadest product portfolio and you can have separate sub-accounts for different currencies, which is very useful in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Well, I'm having a look at Berkeley futures in London, since I'm UK based and that could be handy. I also just talked to AMP, who confirmed they do both products, and they say I can connect to server in London.

Thanks for your reply. Are there any disadvantages of using IB?

Comment

Originally posted by dave1992 View Post
                            Thanks for your reply. Are there any disadvantages of using IB?
                            They do have occasional issues with the feed (but then again I've never seen a broker who doesn't) and you should avoid some of their reps when calling in (which I almost never do), but other than that they're good.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                            16 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post samish18