• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to display futures chart that is not the current month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to display futures chart that is not the current month

Hi,
    I was trying to bring up a chart of CL 06-13 futures which is not the current month but the next month. But, when I try to load it up, it brings up a chart of CL 05-13. How do I correct this? I use Kinetick as my data provider
    Thanks

Hello Golfr,

Please note that the CL is set to rollover to the 06-13 expiry on 4/19/2013 in NinjaTrader. This means all historical data is loaded from 05-13 expiry and is combined with real-time data from the 06-13 expiry. If you receive real-time data for let us say 1 hour and you reload historical data, the hour of real-time data (06-13) will be replaced by historical data from the 05-13 expiry.

You can change the rollover date if you like. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the CL and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and click the 'Contract Months' row at the bottom. Click the '...' button that appears. Select the 06-13 expiry and change the rollover date to your liking. Click OK. Remove and re-add the CL 06-13 to your instrument list now that it uses different settings. Instructions can be found at the link below.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ment_lists.htm

Subsequently create a new CL 06-12 chart.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by franco12364, Today, 11:27 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_PaulH  
    Started by YevhenShynkarenko, Today, 11:48 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes