custom feeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom feeds

hi - I have a process that writes tick data to a file in real time. I need to present this information on a bar chart.

Is there any way to connect NT to a file like this where it would read the data from the file and present it on a chart? Is there an api or a feature in NT that allows this?

Hope this makes sense

Onn

Originally posted by onnb1 View Post
    hi - I have a process that writes tick data to a file in real time. I need to present this information on a bar chart.

Is there any way to connect NT to a file like this where it would read the data from the file and present it on a chart? Is there an api or a feature in NT that allows this?

Hope this makes sense

Onn
    Me too looking for same

Comment

Hello,

You may see the following thread about Custom Data Feed Connections.
      JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

After going through the thread it seems it's not possible.
        Is it possible to write a code which automatically invoke historical data import from text files at periodic intervals. This would be something like manual process of importing data from text file, to be executed automatically.

Comment

hi - is there a limit on the rate that methods like Last/Bid/Ask can be called?

Also, how often or when is OnBarUpdate called for an indicator? Is there a way to set it so it gets called every X ms?

Comment

Hi Onnb1,

To answer your question, When you say Last/Bid/Ask methods could be called are you referencing using these from the DLL interface or via NinjaScript OnBarUpdate GetCurrentAsk() method?

Additionally, OnBarUpdate always gets called depending on your Calculate on Bar Close is set to true/false. If Calculate on Bar Close is set to false, it will be called with each call to last. When set to true it will get called when the bar closes.

This will give me an idea of how it's being called and can further assist you.
            Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi Carl and thanks for following up.

1. I am asking about the DLL interface
              2. Calculate on bar close is set to false - does OnBarUpdate get called on *every* incoming tick? Is there a minimum interval between OnBarUpdate getting called?

Onn

Comment

1. There would not be any designed limits on how often you call these bid/ask/last methods.

2. Yes, it would come in on every tick of that bar. If you're only running on Last price on a single instrument, OBU would only be called when there has been a tick on the last price.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Irukandji  
                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes