Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators running without charts open

Hi,

I have indicators running on charts that are not open in my current workspace, but the instruments are in my list.

I have instruments in my instrument list that are for other workspaces, that is, in my instrument list are ALL the instruments that I might use for my various workspaces. I assume this is the correct way to setup Ninja since the instruments seem to be a global setup, not linked to a workspace? But I have some indicators I am working on (that are added to all charts in all workspaces) and I have noticed that the debug statements and audio for those indicators is being output for instruments that I currently dont have charts open for (but are in the instrument list).

Have I set something up wrong, or is there a way around this?

Thanks,
    Will.

Hello,

Can you clarify, do you have multiple Workspaces open?

You can see all open workspaces under the File -> Workspaces menu.

All items listed under the gray line are open in the background, only the one with the Check mark is the one you are currently viewing.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by dontpanic View Post
      Hi,

I have indicators running on charts that are not open in my current workspace, but the instruments are in my list.

I have instruments in my instrument list that are for other workspaces, that is, in my instrument list are ALL the instruments that I might use for my various workspaces. I assume this is the correct way to setup Ninja since the instruments seem to be a global setup, not linked to a workspace? But I have some indicators I am working on (that are added to all charts in all workspaces) and I have noticed that the debug statements and audio for those indicators is being output for instruments that I currently dont have charts open for (but are in the instrument list).

Have I set something up wrong, or is there a way around this?

Thanks,
      Will.
      Nothing is wrong. All active charts will output to the same OutputWindow. By "active charts", I mean any charts that are open in any open Workspace, whether that workspace is in the foreground or background.

Comment

ok, I got it now. I did have all my list of workspaces open, so i selected each one and closed it. I didnt realise that when i open a workspace it wasnt automatically closing the one that was already open.

The thing is, you can't close the "last open workspace", so there doesnt seem to be a way that i can close my workspace before opening another one. so i have to open a new one, select the previous one and close it, then it will reload the newly opened one. Seems like a bit of a process... have I got this right?

Thanks,

Comment

Yes, that is correct. You would need to open another workspace if you like to close the last opened workspace.

You could use an empty workspace for this purpose. If you leave this one opened when you exit NinjaTrader, it will startup quicker the next time as well.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

ok I understand what I need to do, and I can setup a blank workspace. It stills seems, though, an odd way to have to do it, but I'm sure there are reasons.

Thanks for the help,
            will.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses